Chapter one

♡▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃♡

𝙤𝙠𝙩𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧 7.1999

It should have been a beautiful day, new life was just brought to explore the world. And yet it seemed so sad... the woman who just laid there,sick,exhausted, couldn't lift a finger to even touch her small daughter.

The baby girl herself couldn't do much, she was born a month too early, something like that never had happened in the small hospital she was born in. But looking at her... they knew she was gonna fight.

Despite the nurses knowing she might also have cancer like her mother,despite knowing she'll have difficulty in life because of early birth, despite believing the baby would die eventually.

They saw how the girl's body fought and how strong willed the newborn seemed to be,despite not even realising that yet.

Wrapped up into the pink big blanked so tightly inside the crib, sucking occasionally on her little pacifier as she slept in the comfort of the unfamiliar world.

Despite her long hair which seemed bothersome, despite the far and cruel reality she needed to live with someday,despite it all, she seemed happy and peaceful.

Her mother had turned her gaze upon her and chuckled silently. "Yuzuha is gonna love you more then anyone in this world can, she seemed so exited when she heard that I carried you, my little hitomi..." she mumbled as the baby continued to sleep.

Then,suddenly, the door to the woman's room opened and she was greeted with the sight of another girl. "Mama. Are you okay?" She asked the woman in a whisper to not awaken her little sister.

The woman smiled and said, "Just a little tired, yuzuha,come rather and look at your sister!" To which little yuzuha came over.

She climbed onto her mother's bed and crawled over to the crib next to the woman. "She's tiny..." whispered yuzuha when her yellow-orange eyes fell onto the baby's body. The woman only chuckled again and weakly smiled.

"Of course she is, she's just a baby yuzuha!" Yuzuha's mother joyfully said. Right after that a nurse also came and looked at the scene with a broken smile,knowing the woman was so weak she might die.

Nonetheless she did her job. "Shiba-san would you like to hold your daughter now? You seem to have regained some strength." Said the nurse. Yuzuha' mom only nodded and smiled. "Yes please." Yuzuha didn't know it yet, but the adults in the room did...

With tender care the nurse grabbed the small baby out of the crib and carefully gave her to her mother who's arms were already opened,ready to welcome the baby for the first time after just three hours of giving birth.

The pacifier fell out of the baby's mouth as she yawned, waking up. Yuzuha was in complete excitement,wanting to know who's eyes her little sister inherited.

So with one last gentle yawn, hitomi opened her bright eyes.

The baby stared directly up at her sister without wailing or crying,just looking at her sister

The baby stared directly up at her sister without wailing or crying,just looking at her sister. "Hey there ." Yuzuha whispered as she reached her finger out,poking the newborn's cheek gently.

They earned a toothless smile.

"Hitomi~ my beautiful daughter, take care of your sister alright?" The woman whispered as well, it being her first words being spoken after some time. The baby looked at it's mother and grinned again which also made the woman smile.

Yuzuha went off a moment prior to tell her brothers the good news so the children weren't aware of what happened now... the woman's last smile...

Angelic as can be as she breathed one last time before she passed away in the most peaceful way,holding the now crying infant in her arms as the nurses rushed to get to her

... as they grabbed the baby and covered the dead woman's body...

...the children still unaware that it was their mother who passed away ,not some other patient they were less worried about, with their youngest sibling being the last person to see the bright smile their mother had held while she breathed a sigh of relief...

To be continued...