Chapter 7

☆▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂☆Hitomi's pov:

Hitomi's pov:

It was nothing like the nurses said. It was nothing like the men who was to be called papa said. It wasn't like what the other parents described,what the children said.

It was hell. Nothing but pure hell.

My supposed father was but a men to never return again, I was glad but then I wasn't. My siblings Yuzuha,Hakkai and Taiju were but broken people,because of I.

I broke their hearts when I came,sparkly eyed at the entrance.

Not the trace of a smile but visible relief to be there. They hated me. Yuzuha was but a girl breaking down in front of me saying I was alive and healthy,happy but sad.

Hakkai was scared,I could see it in his eyes when I looked up. He didn't like me, was it because the woman who gave birth to me was reflected in my eyes?

Innocent and happy? That's what the nurse once described her to be,just like I.

Then there was Taiju, he held a snarky expression. I could tell he was trouble,in the evening he hit me for not washing my hands. I couldn't reach the sink I said.

 I couldn't reach the sink I said

It hurt. So much that I couldn't cry. He was angry when I talked back and he and yuzuha began to fight,Hakkai held me tight and brought me to his room,tending to the wound which was a mere slap.

My cheek was still red this morning,I hadn't slept out of fear I'd be punished. My siblings went to school and now I'm outside on a swing, alone with chompers.

He hung loosely around my neck as I swung back and forth, people stared at me. Maybe they pity me,maybe they felt scared because of chompers.

I was thinking,when a men approached,cautiously but relaxed,he had black hair, a white shirt and blue pants.

He looked at me and smiled,bending down.

"Where are your parents?" He asked politely. I felt save. "I don't have a mama and papa..." I tried sounding cheerful but ultimately gave up on trying,it was no use anyways.

I looked at the pavement,chompers hissing friendly at the men in front of us,though he flinched slightly... "Don't worry chompers don't bite..." I said,he calmed again and held his relaxed smile.

"Why are you here so alone little girl?" He asked again,clearly trying to converse with me. "My sibwings are at schoo-a place where they learn new things..."

I said to him. "What are you doing here?" This time I tried making conversation,he seemed so nice and chompers found him charming too,at least so it seemed to me.

"I was just going on a little trip to the super marked,then I saw you all sad so I came and wanted to cheer you up! Oh,by the way, my name's shinichiro,Sano shinichiro."

Shin it was then.

"Thank you mr, Shin! You really did make me feel better! Hitomi is called Hitomi,nice to meet you!" So there was a little hope of joy around,not just pure hell forever...

He chuckled and bend down,ruffling up my hair,he didn't look at me with pity! He — he really looked at me like I'm just a child! He treats me like the others treat other children!

Chompers look! A good men! A nice person! I was so excited...if only this could have lasted..just a little more...

To be continued...

So ...I'm sorry that I didn't update at all,haha...at least it's the first post of the year so again a belated happy 2024 everyone!

I'm not gonna be keeping this story to progress too slow anymore so please don't feel confused when I skip so that certain events take place at a more rapid speed from now on.

Wakana's story will be updated some day again too but I don't think it'll be soon so it's officially on hold for now.

With that said I hope everyone has sweet dreams or a good day so bye for now!

— Haru