Group Projects Suck, but at Least I Have Bad Taste in Men!

a/n: hi y'all! so this is the chapter that we get to meet both the love interest and the villain! i get the feeling they'll make quite the impression on you...

By the time Chloe, Cookie Princess, Calvin, and I arrived at Social Studies, everyone else was already in their seats.

The teacher, a tall brunette with cold looking grey orbs, glared at me menacingly, making me shiver with disturbance. "You're late, missy."

I started to stutter, my voice breaking adorably, and I could tell a few boys were staring in awe. "I-I'm s-s-s-sorry! I-i f-fell u-unconscious!"

The teacher's brow furrowed, and I got even more scared. "It doesn't matter! You have detention after school for being late to my class! The others are fine, though. Take your seats!"

I sighed and sat in between two people. The girl on my left was a blonde, with more makeup on her face than Calvin (which says a lot), an obviously done spray tan, cold aqua orbs, and a slutty cheerleading skirt (with no top). She glared at me. "Oh em gee! You are sooo ugly and stupid and OUT! My name is Brittney Madison Regina Nicole Castle! Be sure to remember it, bitch!"

I cowered in fear, apologized, and turned to look at the other person. The other person was a boy, who captured my orbs immediately. He had black scruffy shaggy hair brushed across his face, scars, a leather jacket, tight black jeans, and a white t-shirt with red blood stains on it. But the most important thing about his appearance - aside from all his tattoos despite the fact that he was a freshman in high school - were his dark blue orbs. When they glimpsed at my amber orbs, I felt a spark in the air - as if I had just found my soulmate for life in this boy.

Then he gave me the middle finger. "Fuck off, dirty asshole nerd bitch shithead."

I winced. "I-I-I'm so sorry! I-I never meant to hurt you!!!"

But he never had a chance to respond, because then, the teacher cut in. "Okay class, so today we're going to start working on a project for the whole year."

Brittney smiled. "Totes!!! I'm sooo working with Candace Karen Becky Alexis Hedgefund!" She pointed to a girl with an aloof and somewhat stupid expression, who nodded enthusiastically. "Durrr!"

Another girl, with dirty blonde hair tied into a ponytail and a cheerleader uniform, laughed maniacally. "Oh my god! Burrito! I'm such a crackhead!"

Brittney scrunched her nose. "Shut up, Emily Kayla Hannah Anna Brooke! You're not a crackhead, you're just an idiot! Anyway, Candace and I are sooo gonna work together."

The teacher glared at Brittney. "Nonsense! I will be choosing your partners. Britney, you are with Emily."

Brittney's face twisted into a dramatic grimace. "Eww!"

The teacher continued. "Chloe, you are with Candace, Cookie Princess is with Calvin..." she continued to list off names until only two people were left. "... and finally, Amberly and Ryder."

I turned to the boy next to me. "I-I guess we're w-w-working together. I'm Amberly Golden Athena Calliope Hudson."

The boy scowled, his ocean orbs filling with hate. "Nobody asked. My name is Ryder Alex Jake Xander Asherhead. Fuck off and work already, nerd bitch."

Despite not having a clue what the project was, I did what he asked, while he pretended to get high off a sandwich he packed in his lunchbox. I would look at him occasionally, but he would scowl and give me the middle finger. Eventually, class was over, and I went to the two other classes. I sighed, preventing tears from falling from my glimmering amber orbs. I could tell that this was going to be a long year.