Have I Made it Clear Enough that Amberly needs Therapy?

The next morning, I woke up, showered, and got dressed into the clothes I would wear today. Today, I wore an argyle blue shirt, khaki pants, a black baseball cap three sizes too small for my head, and completed the look by gingerly placing my thick black glasses over my amber orbs. I then went downstairs for breakfast.

My mom smiled at me. "Hey honey! How was your night?"

I groaned. "It was fine. Give me my food and stop embarrassing me."

So mom gave me a frozen waffle, which I ran out of the house with. Fortunately, I got outside just in time to catch the bus, and slid in next to Chloe.

Chloe was busy filming a TokTik on the bus. When she saw me, she snapped some group selfies and posted them on InstantGrandma. "OMG! Hi girlie! You look adorbs!"

I looked at the crusty, slimy booger hanging out of my nose in a selfie Chloe had just posted. "T-t-thank you Chloe!"

Chloe nodded. "No probs! So, how are things going with Ryder? Have you two hooked up yet?"

My glittering amber orbs widened in shock. "W-w-what?"

Chloe rolled her eyes. "OMG! It's only the second day of high school, and he's already fucked like all of the girls here! I honestly thought with all the time you'd spent together, you'd be fucked too!"

I shook my head profusely. "H-he wanted to, b-b-but I turned him d-down! B-because I'm just not like the other girls."

Chloe stared at me in admiration. "OMG! So cool!" She then snapped a picture of me and posted it on InstantGrandma. I don't think she knew I was talking about her when I said other girls.

Eventually, the majestic mustard vehicle arrived at the imposing building, and along with the other students, my light footsteps treaded out of it and into the school. I approached my locker, and gingerly put my backpack and school supplies in.

All of a sudden, Brittney and Candace walked up to me, with Emily trailing behind. They all looked as bitchy and slutty as ever.

Brittney crossed her arms over her bare chest. "Hi useless bitch! So here's the deal - you slept with Ryder."

My amber orbs shot open. "W-what! I never did that!"

Candace rolled her eyes so far they must have shot into the back of her head. "Durrr, ya did! Brittney said so!"

Emily took a selfie. "OMG! Random photo! I am such a crackhead!"

Somebody walked up to us. "What are you fucking bitches shit assholes trying to spread?" they barked.

I knew immediately from that husky growl and all the profanity that it was Ryder, and when I turned around, it was clear that I was correct.

Brittney smiled innocently. I hate that bitch. "Oh! Nothing, of course! By the way, you look so hot today!"

Ryder smirked, his ocean orbs flaring up. "That's what I thought. Catch you later, fucking loser," he said adressing me. He shot his middle finger up in the air and left.

I stood there alone at my locker, breathing through my mouth and reflecting. Did Ryder Alex Jake Xander Asherhead really stand up for me? Ryder struck me as a lot of things, but noble wasn't one of them. And he looked extra cute while flipping me off.

That was the moment I started to think I was in love with Ryder Alex Jake Xander Asherhead.