Back to the Pack

I pull up in front of their house and I lean back taking a deep breath before I get out and I hear them talking.

"Do you think she's ok, Sam?" Paul asks.

"I honestly don't know Paul."

"She could be hurt!" Jared shouts.

"Guys, Red's a tough girl. remember what happened to her before she came down here?" Emily states strongly but I could tell that she was worried as well.

At this point I decide to get out and I shut the door a bit harder than I wanted to and I hear the conversation stop. As I make my way up the steps the door flies open and Jared runs out and picks me up and hugs me crying into my chest. I run my fingers through his hair and hugs him with one arm.

"S-S-Scarlet I-I-I was so worried about you." Jared says sobbing.

"Jared calm down." I say rubbing his head as the rest run out and hug me knocking me over onto the ground and I laugh and hug them all. "I'm fine guys."

Emily comes out and pushes them off me and grabs me and pulls me up and into a huge hug. "Scarlet we were so worried." She says trying no to cry.

"I know. I'm sorry, can we go inside now? It's raining and this dress is not very comfortable."

"Sure." Emily breaks the hug and we walk in and I head to the couch and I sit down.

"What happened Scarlet? Where's Bella?" Sam asks worried.

"Sam I told Billy the whole story I just want to tell you the aftermath."

"Ok...." He says slowly.

I lean back and rub my temples taking a deep breath. "Bella is in the hospital right now." I say as my phone dings and I check it and it's a message from Edward and I read it aloud.

"Bella is stable, the Drs. want to keep her sedated right now so her body can heal because of the extensive damage of the injuries. Carlisle called and let Charlie know already and he was relieved we were there to help her. Bella's leg was broken, a few of her ribs, she has cuts on her head and a few other injuries but no internal bleeding. She's also had a blood transfusion and an MRI." I finish reading the message. "Billy will show you everything else." I add in before continuing the message. "Bella's moms on her way there and everything will be fine. Thank you Scarlet for doing what I could not. It's thanks to you that Bella is still human. I owe you one and a new bike."I reply. "How bout a better bike than the one I bought." I look up at them and they all visibly relax.

"What exactly happened?" Paul asks.

"Bella got bit by one of the vampire that we met in the clearing. The blonde one I showed you guys. I was to late to stop him from biting her but he did regret it."

"How is she human if he bit her?" Sam asks.

"I-" I look at Sam nervous and he nods.

"We won't be mad. At least I won't." Sam replies as Jared nods.

"I didn't use my teeth, I just simply put my mouth around it and sucked the venom out. I had no choice. It was that or you guys think the Cullens broke the treaty." I reply looking down before I get up and dash out of the door and as I reach the grass Sam grabs my arm and pulls me into a brotherly hug.

"Red, you did what you thought was right. I'm not mad at you and I don't think Jared is either, Paul will just need some adjustment to it." Sam says letting go of me and I smile and look up at him. "Honestly I'd rather listen to Paul's anger than Jake's obsession over you."

"I know Billy told me that I was all Jake could talk about, despite his love for Bella." I say rolling my eyes.

"Does Jake know you're back?" Emily comes out holding a plate of pizza for me and I smile taking it.