Chapter 3

Capital City

YEARS had passed. The young Delorah has finally reached adulthood. She just turned 18 years old and a few days ago, they celebrated her birthday in the manor.

The weak Delorah left no trace.

The old madam looks at her granddaughter with a proud smile and looks contented.

Delorah was trimming the roses. Her hair is cascading down to her waist. It was pale blonde and shining under the light. Her skin is as white as ice jade and as smooth as porcelain. Her thick eyelashes are like a fan and hooded. Her eyes are like melted gold. Her nose is small but tall. Her lips are red, it was like it was bitten a few times and were plump. Her face is small that can be covered with one hand. Her slender neck is long enough to be called the perfect neck. It was white and smooth with no freckles. Her color bones are showing.

Her thin and long fingers are pale and white. There are hints of pinkish color in every flexible area and her nails. Her hands look like it was nourished properly.

Anyone who will look at Delorah will start to doubt their life. Delorah is born extremely beautiful. She already saw her other grandchildren but they pale in comparison. They will look ordinary if they stood beside Delorah.

The old madam is starting to worry. Her precious granddaughter decided to go to the Capital to earn her win. She was homeschooled and very exceptional in her studies. There are lots of teachers who gave up on teaching Delorah because they are nothing that they can teach. Delorah seems to know everything and easily learns.

She was proud from the very beginning. But as it goes by, she's worried. Delorah did not show signs of using her magical abilities. She tried to teach her granddaughter some magic but there is no result. She assumed that maybe, this is the price for surpassing death. She did not pursue teaching her magic, instead, she thought about the management of the house.

"Delorah, I don't want you to go to the Capital." Old madam. Her reason is Delorah's exceptional appearance. Once she set foot in the Capital, countless men will line up for marriage proposals or courtships. To her, no one is good enough for her lovely granddaughter. No one. Not even the emperor.

"Grandma, it's not convenient for me to stay here while working in the capital. My friend Valerian has already found a good apartment for the both of us." Delorah answered. She put down the scissor and looked at the flowers she arranged.

She's usually wearing an above-the-knee length blue skirt that hugged her curves and a lacy white blouse. She usually wears summer dresses but today, she's wearing a two-piece dress.

"You know you don't need to work. This manor will be yours and so as the land. All you need is to manage the people. You're even richer than your parents." The old madam retorted. She's doing her best to persuade her granddaughter to stay in the manor but she knows it will be difficult. Delorah has already reached adulthood and it's natural for her to spread her wings and fly. "The capital is not safe. What if something happens? Who will protect you?"

Delorah looked at her grandma lazily. "There are a lot of knights in patrol there, grandma. But I promise I'll be back during winter since our manor is safer during winter."

During winter, since the sun is covered by thick clouds for three months, the ghouls will attack any time of the day. The fire should be lit throughout the day. But due to the season, there is always a shortage of wood. They haven't thought about any alternative.

Unlike in the manor, the fire fence was changed. Delorah made some changes. Instead of using wood and fuel, a huge block container was created and served as the outer fence. Then an aluminum fiber was put inside. This is exactly similar to a lamp, but in contrast, with the assistance of magic, the fire is wild and can even be called a flame thrower.