Chapter 18

Uninvited Guests

DELORAH was sleeping soundly unaware of the excited noises from the people outside the hostel.

Hugo was restless while pacing back and forth in front of Delorah's room. He was knocking a few times but no one is answering. He's wondering if Lady Delorah is already sleeping.

Hugo went back to their room and nervously looks at his master who was already dressed up for tonight's fireworks.

"M-Master, Lady Delorah is not answering." He said. He almost stuttered.

Alexander looks at him without saying anything. Instead, he fished out his phone from his pocket and called Delorah. Alexander waited for almost a minute before Delorah answered.

"Hmm," Delorah answered with a hum. Her voice is hoarse and sleepy. It made Alexander regret calling her.

"You're sleeping?" Alexander asked a stupid question. How he wished he did not call her and let her sleep instead.

"Hmm," Delorah answered again and went silent.

After a few seconds, Alexander heard faint snores coming from his phone.

"..." Alexander was speechless at how fast Delorah is sleeping again. He sighed. "Sleep well." It was a whisper that Delorah cannot hear and he end the call.

"Master?" Hugo asked waiting for his master's word.

"She's asleep. She's not watching the fireworks." Alexander said coldly. "Prepare, we will go out."

Hugo wanted to ask but his desire to live is greater than anything else so he shut his mouth. They went outside to watch the fireworks. It's been a hundred years tradition in every Autumn Festival, there is a fireworks display to attract good luck and chase away the bad luck.

The people in the field have already gathered. There are an estimated amount of people in the area about 300-500 people. If the people who came here did not go back, the people around should be around 1000.

Alexander and Hugo did not squeeze themselves into the sea of people. They are just standing in a corner where it's not too crowded. The people around them are glancing in his direction.

Everyone has the same thoughts when they saw Alexander. How could a person be so handsome? Especially, the suit he's wearing as if he was wearing it to seduce someone.

The girls giggled, even more, when Alexander has no female companion. He was only with another handsome man that looks like his servant. They are about Hugo who's unaware of the thought roaming around.

Everybody could tell that Hugo was someone who serves Alexander because of the difference in their presence. Alexander's presence is screaming with elegance, power, and oppression. While Hugo looks powerful, elegant, and intimidating but they are inferior to Alexander.

Alexander ignored the hot gaze around him. His lips are pursed and he looks even more intimidating. That's why even the women who are eyeing him, no matter how much they want him but don't have the guts to approach him. They can only look at him from afar and imagine.

They waited for a few minutes until they heard the first sound of the explosion in the sky. The whistling sound in the air caused by the fireworks is making people smile.

The sky was painted with different colors. Every time the fireworks explode, the light coming from the fireworks is reflected in the sea of people. There are special effects on the fireworks display. They are made by magic and they can be set up or controlled the way it has to be.

The fireworks lasted for about 10 minutes. The explosion and lighting are non-stop. All their attention is up to the sky. The people are wishing for a peaceful year especially since winter is coming after autumn. Life won't be easy. The market will raise its price again and the poor will have to suffer.