Chapter 6

The Master's Name

SHE left the Trade Center contentedly. The Count was never able to say anything after the reversal of the situation. She got the deal and she will be introduced by tomorrow to the Capital's Defense Engineers.

This group is mainly working directly with the emperor, but the recruitment is done through the Trade Center. The master is the one who's sorting all the promising proposals and they will be introduced to the respective department which will implement the accepted proposal.

The contract will be done tomorrow and she still needs to review it. The master already discusses partially the dividend since she owns the patent. She will receive the payment for the proposal and she will receive annually the dividend.

After the meeting, the master invited her for a meal but she decline it. They are not yet on close terms to have a meal. She doesn't even know his name. All she knows is that everyone calls him master. She's calling him director because that's his position.

"Delorah?" Suddenly a familiar voice called her name.

She went to look at the man who was calling her and she saw a familiar sight. The man was tall and has a lean physique. He has a happy face and he's waving at her right now. He was with his friends, female friends to be exact.

He is Ferdinand Anastasius Delfino De Hombres. A noble by birth. He's a son of a business muggle with the electronic industry. But their so-called electronic is still far behind the modern world.

She waves her hand in response. She thought he would just go after but he went to her. He crossed the road and his companions followed him.

"Delorah, why are you here? Why did you not tell me that you are coming?" He happily asked. His eyes are sparkling while looking at Delorah.

The companions beside him are a group of men and women. But she did not give attention to them.

"Why would I tell you?" Delorah answered. She doesn't like telling everyone she knows in the Capital that she's coming. She also wants to eat now and they are wasting her time.

Ferdinand is someone she met just like Valerian, he got lost near the border and her grandma helped him. He's 6 years older than her and Valerian. She considered him a friend but not as close as Valerian.

Ferdinand is already used to the cold responses from Delorah. She talks like she's not around her age.

"Delorah, you're still the same as always. By the way, these are my friends, Gracey, Yustan and Amery. Everyone, this is Delorah, my a very important friend of mine." Ferdinand introduced.

The three said their hi's but Delorah could feel that they are not sincere. The two women are giving me sizing looks but Delorah ignores them.

"If there's nothing else, I'll have to go." Delorah left after she said those words. She's already hungry and she doesn't have time to chit-chat.

Ferdinand was left in awe when Delorah was gone from his sight. He's already used to it. She doesn't like small talk. She rather stays silent and read than talk with menial stuff.

"She's rude," Gracey commented. She was irritated when the lady named Delorah just ignored them after their greetings. Though it may not be sincere at least, she should have given them face.

"Well, with a face like that, she might be seeing us as the sand on the pavement," Amery said with an annoyed tone. "What a bitch."

"Amery, watch your words. You don't know her for you to say that." Ferdinand was annoyed after hearing the comments from his friends.