Chapter 9

A glimpse of the Future

THE most awaited day has finally arrived. The whole capital was busy and excited about the launch. All the nobles are wearing their best dress since they are planning to rub elbows with nobles who have a large influence in society.

Just today, she received a package coming from Alexander, the Director of Trade. It was said on the note that it was a thank-you gift. The gown was a combination of old white and pearl white. It was a sweetheart shape without sleeves. It hugs her body like it was a molding fit. The long skirt follows the shape of her curves. There is also a tint of gold-like dust on the gown.

She decided to wear it since it was especially given to her by Alexander. She pities the dress if she will not wear it. She matched it with diamond earrings and a necklace. Her hair was in a messy updo. There are curly strays on her face that made her, even more, look ethereal. Pauline help her with wearing makeup and it was applied to her satisfaction.

"Delorah, you just outshine me with just one look." Valerian was gapping like a fish. Earlier, she thought that she looks so good. But now, seeing Delorah, she's starting to question her life. "Do I still need to go?"

"Silly." Delorah smiled. "Don't compare yourself to me. You'll end up crying." Delorah said smugly.

"..." Valerian was speechless.

How could she be so forward? She knows that she doesn't hold a candle against Delorah, but slapping it right through her face? She's completely heartless! She can only silently grieve and point her lips.

"Can you reign down your forwardness? I was completely defenseless and my health points have taken a huge blow." Valerian murmured and contemplating if she still want to hang around with Delorah. But she loves her so much that she has to endure it.

"Then stop asking stupid questions." Delorah directly responded.

Valerian was once again speechless.

Valerian did not dare to say anything but followed Delorah stepping out of their unit. She's already used to her straightforward behavior. People from the outside will surely easily get offended by her behavior. But Valerian would rather stay with a straightforward person who doesn't hide anything and gloss over everything than people who have comforting behavior but stabs you in the back.

As they say, she would rather linger with hurtful truth than comforting lies.

They went out. They rented a cab and they are heading to Golden Pavilion. This place is famous for holding large banquets of the high society nobles. The cost of renting the Golden Pavilion is also not a small amount that even most of the noble has to think twice before deciding.

De Hombres chose the pavilion to match the exquisiteness of the product that they are launching. When they reach Golden Pavilion, the traffic has already started. The car line up and wait for their turn at the entrance.

There will be an entrance drop-off and a red carpet. It was similar to a movie premier with the cast. Some media and reporters are waiting at the entrance. Since this is one of the biggest opening and breaking points of futuristic technology, the newspapers can't wait to write in full detail.

"Wow, the line is long." Valerian was amazed as she saw how many cars are lined up before them. "How long are we going to wait? Is it okay for you to be late?"

Delorah was lazily watching the road signs and the passerby was also watching from outside. There are a lot of people who are watching but they can't enter the pavilion. This event is an invitation-only party. You cannot enter if you don't have an invitation.