CC (3)

The loud sound of a fall got Pacifica to wake up trembling. She took a few breaths before sitting down and looking at wherever that was. She saw Gideon laying on the floor with a bunch of DVDs scattered around him. "Oof," Gideon rolled to stay with his back to the air. "That hurt."

Maybe that's why Mrs. Corduroy is so protective of him. Pacifica took a long, deep breath, before asking: "Are you okay?"

Gideon smiled at her. "Yeah! I'm awesome." he stood on all fours and spun to sit down. "Good morning, Paz!"

"Morning, Gid." Pacifica rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?"

"Six or seven A.M." Gideon shrugged. "But I'm not sure. It could be earlier."

Earlier?

"When did you wake up?" Pacifica asked.

"Not long ago." Gideon stood up. "Hey, I was looking through my stuff and I found some DVDs of movies and stuff! Do you want to watch with me?" he asked. "I have a ton of choices! Land of Ox, Camp of Irises, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer — yes, I do have that as a movie — but since you like mystery best, I also have Ducktective, Ghostcampers, Scarlet on the Rue Morgue, and etc." he added. "Which one — or ones — do you want? We have plenty of time!"

Pacifica slowly processed all of the words on her head. "Wait, you have Ducktective and Ghostcampers?"

"Yep! All the seasons." Gideon lowered himself to gather the DVDs.

Pacifica jumped off her bed and helped Gideon. "I didn't know you liked Ghostcampers."

"It's one of my favourite shows, but my number one favourite is Ducktective." Gideon stood up with a bunch of DVDs on his hands. "What about yours?"

"Ghostcampers is my favourite." Pacifica stood up with the rest of the DVDs in hands.

"Cool! One of my friends loves that show too. I think he watched all ten seasons at least fifteen times." Gideon looked at the window. "At least, if that's possible."

"You told me very little about your friends," Pacifica said. "Can I hear more of them?"

"Of course! I love talking about my amazing friends." Gideon went to the door with Pacifica following. A blue glow that apprared on Gideon's collarbone was slightly hidden by the DVDs in front of him, a second one surrounded the doorknob. The doorknob was turned by the blue glow and the door opened. "I have three close friends: two childhood, one I met at school." he went to the stairs, and Pacifica followed. "Two girls and one boy, and the girls are very, very pretty." Pacifica hummed, finding the change of tone strange. "The friend I met at school is named Delilah." he continued. "She has a soft voice, and is very funny." he added. "She doesn't know about the supernatural, so I didn't tell her about my amulet. But she's a huge fan of fiction! Also, she's part of the Cultural Competitions, so if you join, you'll meet her and my other girl friend."

"That is?" Pacifica asked, being careful at each step down she took.

"Her name is—"

"Sup, kids." a voice interrupted. "What are you doing awake so early?"

So it was early morning. Great. Wait. "Who are you?" Pacifica asked.

"The name is Soos," he shot her a finger gun. "Soos Ramirez. And you must be Pacifica."

"Um, yes, I'm Pacifica." she said. "Nice to meet you, Soos." she looked at the opened door, seeing people walking and a few items being carried around. "What's happening out there?"

Soos looked over his shoulder towards the entrance. "Oh, that? It's just the shop opening." he looked at her. "You know, tourists love to buy the weird stuff Mr. Corduroy sells."