DWS (10)

Pacifica's eyes opened with a frightful amount of force and a gasp escaped her mouth. She stared at the bathroom rooftop, breathing quickly. She sat down, passing a hand through her head, feeling her cap missing and her hair still tangled and messy.

"Attaboy." Gideon mumbled, laying with his back to the air and head on the floor. "That was not a nice fall."

Alex turned her head without moving from the floor. "What just happened?"

Pacifica looked at her fallen friends. She laughed and threw herself back to the floor. "Attaboy!"

"What's so funny?" Tiffany asked, sitting down.

"I don't know." Pacifica said. "I just fought three girls in another dimension where one of them, their leader, could create anything she wanted." she looked at Tiffany. "Meanwhile, I never held a sword in my life, and somehow got the hang of it easily!"

"The Mindscape," Gideon took his head off the floor so his voice wouldn't sound muffled anymore. "can cause things to a person that are hard to happen in real life. It's like a Dreamworld." he explained. "So anything is possible there. And if you're lucky, those skills were brought to real life too!"

"So I basically found a way to learn swordfighting while skipping swordfighting lessons?" Pacifica threw her torso up to sit down. "Wonderful."

Alex sat down as well. "So," she crossed her legs. "Do you have anything to tell us? An explanation, perhaps?"

Gideon and Pacifica shared a look. You want me to tell them?

No, I can do it. Gideon smiled. But thank you Paz.

Gideon looked at Tiffany and Alex. "Look," he held his amulet. "This is a magical amulet I found when I was very young." he said. "It was even before I met the twins that I found it." he added. "This amulet was my first step to realise Falling Gravity is not a normal town, and that the mystical, the fantasy, and the supernatural were real! And our town is a magnet of it!"

"So, like," Tiffany waved her hands as she spoke. "Fairies, witches, ghosts, and that sort of stuff is not just invention?"

"Somebody invented it because they saw the real thing!" Gideon's smile grew. "And the story spread, and spread, and more things were being found, told about and retold for all to hear."

"And they were all born here?" Tiffany asked.

"Nope." Gideon replied. "Some were, but those things exist anywhere in the entire planet! Every country has their own mystical thing hidden somewhere." he added. "Falling Gravity just attracts them here, for some unknown reason." he spun and sat down. "Although, every time some appear, some disappear."

"That's creepy." Alex mumbled.

"But why?" Tiffany asked. "What is making them disappear?"

"I don't know." Gideon said.

"But we want to find out." Pacifica said with a proud smile. "I know that somewhere in this town, a group of samodivas are hiding — personal experience, they weren't so nice — and I know that in the deep bottom of the local lake, a gobblewonker is guarding the waters for a mysterious cult. If those creatures are there, just hiding, maybe the rest is also hiding, and we just need to find where." she added. "And I'm confident that if I dig deep enough for answers about them, this town's history and anything else I need to know, then I know that I will find out the truth about everything." she looked down, thinking of something. "Including. . ." The author of the Journal.

Alex tilted her head. " 'Including' what?"

Pacifica raised her head. "Look, I have something very important at home." she said. "It's a Journal, and this Journal was written by someone here. This someone investigated the mystery of this town around thirty years ago." she said. "There are lots of things in there: descriptions, drawings, spells, etc;" she explained. "When I find the author, I can get some answers, and now that I'm living here, I think maybe, I can help whoever they are to investigate what was left that they couldn't!" she said with excitement. "Some pages at the end of the Journal were left in blank, so I'm filling them myself." she shrugged. "Mine is the third, so I don't know what's on the first and second, but I plan to find all of them."