RDL (3)

In her green long dress, Wendy felt her best. It matched the white long-gloves and of course, the green amulet she disguised as a necklace. She refused to wear high heels, but she still looked elegant with the knee-length boots with taos in the sides. Definitely not what she would usually wear, but sadly, her hanfu was not fit for a psychic show, that would not make the audience too happy. She needed to impress, and the clothing was, of course, an important feature.

She cautiously took a peek at the audience from behind the curtains. She looked everywhere, until she finally saw him. Yes, he was there. It was just the opening night and she had already gotten him there. Oh, perfect, spectacular, splendid, wonderful.

Wendy silently moved back without letting her shoes echo any sound, at any moment the curtains would open, she had to be prepared. The lights turned off, it was time. She adjusted her amulet and put her fingers together behind her back, lowering her head and waiting for the curtains to open and for the spotlight to appear.

"Years ago," she heard her father say, in a mystical and narrative voice. "A man settled a small stage and performed wonderful tricks, all to bring joy to the town he loved,"

Oh, for the love of herself, was he really doing that?

"But one tragedy brought demise to him," a dramatic song played in the background. "His wife, his so beloved wife, the biggest joy of his life, had tragically passed away," the song stopped, only her father's voice remained. "He couldn't bear the sadness, he had to close the tent."

Wendy held herself to not facepalm. She also held the urge of not rolling her eyes and sighing, as she had the microphone with her so her voice would be better heard — although she didn't need that, she still had it to make sure her father's staff didn't suspect anything. Humanity wasn't ready to handle her goddess self, to know about her great power, they were too ignorant and oblivious. So just pretend this is a big fake show.

"But, he had one little joy remaining," a silhouette of a long-haired child appeared in the curtains. "One daughter, a beautiful little girl, one whose name had the same letter in the first, and the last name."

A small idea came to Wendy's head, she just had to know what her father would say.

"And tonight, she came to follow her dad's footsteps!" her father exclaimed. "And tonight, you'll be watching, the most magical show of your lives! A psychic with the power to see the past, the present, and take a peek on your future, yes, that's right! A clairvoyant!" drums were played. "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you now, your new host!"

Wendy quickly put her hand in her chest and closed her eyes. The curtains opened, the spotlight pointed at her. Finally, it was her moment to shine, to give those mortals a glimpse of her greatness. She opened her eyes and glanced at the audience.

"Me."

Loud claps were heard from the audience, Wendy bowed to the crowd with a (fake) smile on her face. The show had barely started and those imbeciles were already hyped. Seems like very easy to get humans entertained. She stood up and raised a hand, in order to stop the sounds. Once the audience became silent, Wendy closed her eyes once more.

"I am Wendy Wonder, and I have many abilities," she opened her eyes, they were green now. "I can see what other cannot see," she turned to a woman in the crowd and approached her. "I know what you want," she kneeled a bit at the edge of the stage and held out her hand to the woman. "And what you need." a dollar paper appeared in her hand, she gave it to the woman. "You're welcome," she paused, digging into the woman's mind. "Lazy Shandra."

Shandra's eyes were glinting, she couldn't even hide the grin on her face. How greedy and pathetic, that was just one dollar. She stood up and walked back to the centre of the stage. "You all see the common, the small reality here, while I. . ." she snapped her fingers. A piano started to play. "I see you all standing up!"