16

"Isn't that your dad over there?"

Jordan turns around and sees that indeed, his father was the same coffee shop, making him panic. Luckily, he seemed to be taking his order, so he wouldn't see the teen.

"Yea. We should probably get out of here."

As the two headed their ways towards the exit, two familiar faces entered the shop and met with Jordan. The young adults brightened up and said loudly, "Jordan!"

What the heck are they doing here? Why are they here? I wish I can just run out of here, but that's unnecessary. I probably look as lost as James.

"H-hi."

"Oh, don't act like we're strangers Jor!"

Madeline, Jordan's older sister had dirty blonde hair, pear colored pupils, and was slightly taller, like Jake. The middle sibling, however, had more of a mint color in his eyes and daffodil hair, similar to Seamus'. Both siblings looked like they were genuinely happy to see the teen, making Jordan let a bit of his seriousness fade away.

"Hm, fine. Hey guys, long time no see!"

I'd might as well try to see if I can enjoy their company. There's no point of being stubborn if they haven't done anything, yet.

"Yea! Aw man, I missed you guys so much! Oh-beg my pardon, I'm Madeline, Jordan's sister, but you can call me Maddie!"

"And I'm Jake. It should be a short enough name for you to remember. I presume that you're James? James Wilson?"

Jordan looks at the side and sees how uncomfortable his brunette friend looked. Somehow, James seemed to have been enjoying the moment since he was smirking and eyes were still bright. He almost looked amazed.

"I-uh- Yes! Well, I mean indeed so," James says with slightly murmuring the last sentence.

Jake replies, "Hehe there's no need to correct yourself. Trust me when I say that, we're not like our father."

Maddie and Jake begin to join in each others' laugh and quickly regained themselves. Compared to how the two were the last time they visited in Massachusetts, they were much more chirpier.

"Seriously. He's always acting like a bird shat in his cup of wine. You're coming with us to 42nd Street, Jordan?"

"I guess so."

"Will you be able to join us, James? I'm certain that Jordan would be more willing to do stuff with you around."

Maddie continues Jake's sentence, "Plus, we can maybe get to the point of being friends! I'd love to hang out with Jordan and his buddies!"

"Well, if you insist."

"Are you sure that it's not a bother? You do know that you don't have to come with us."

"Yea. I can be your tour guide and tell you Jordan's deepest and darkest secrets," James jokes towards the young adults.

Jordan rolls his eyes and chuckles. His shoulders no longer felt so stiff and his mind has been clearer. These feelings were relaxing and enjoyable to have, which were quite surprising around the teen's siblings. He began to think that having James join the group was an actual good idea.

"That's really great. Now I'm totally looking forward to this!"

Maddie gives James a smile and a pat on the back, signaling that she actually meant it. Jake seemed to have kept his calm, but still gave a nod of encouragement towards the brunette.

At least their company is getting better than Father's. Speak of the Devil, here he comes. He looks like he's planning my death.

"Ah you're here I see... With your friend as well. Jacob?"