18

"Punch Buggy! Blue license!"

"Fucking shit! Why did you have to punch me so hard?!"

The brunette holds his arm that was most likely bruised. The group of three were on their way to Daniel's, Dex's father, apartment.

"James! Language!

"Oh crap," James mutters, "Sorry about that Mr. Marchant..."

"There's no need for an apology. Aleksandr should be the one saying that," says the elder.

"Forgive me James. I promise that next time I'll punch you with slightly less force."

"Slightly?"

"Yes! Slightly! Come on, I'll pinky promise!"

"You have to be bullshitting me," James says quietly.

"No, I'm not! I pinky promise."

James looks at the pale hand that was a few inches away from his nose. He felt annoyed with the pain below his left shoulder and Aleks' enthusiasm.

"Fine."

The brunette lazily tangles his thinnest finger with the other, while purposely trying to hurt him. It resulted in a yelp from the Russian teen and a push on his injured arm.

"Ow!"

"You deserved that! I almost thought that you were going to break my pinky!"

"Well, that's what you get."

- - - -

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yea..."

Unlike the night before, it was chilly and the wind moved strongly, making the two teens long for their beds. James and Aleks were waiting for Mr. Marchant, who was getting gas, in the vehicle.

"It's sucks that you had to go early tonight."

James hummed and played with the zipper of his black hoodie. Looking beside him, he saw the tiredness in his friend's eyes.

"...I'm sorry if I made things awkward now, James."

"Somehow... it's not awkward to me," the brunette says with a small smile. Aleks' eyes widened a bit, making James uncertain if the teen was happy or confused.

"How is it not?"

"I don't know. Any feeling that I had of you hasn't really changed."

"Feelings, huh."

"What?"

"I'm just wondering... How exactly do you feel about me?"

"In terms of what?"

"In terms of us- our relationship."

Well, I can't just say that I like him in the same way he does to me. I'm not even sure how I even feel.

"Let's just say that I'm unsure. Not that I'm trying to say that I don't want to be friends, I'm just not clear with how I feel about you."

"So-"

"-what I am trying to say is that I like you Aleks. I guess you can say more than as a friend, but I'm not sure what it is that I want."

"I understand. You do know that you can always take your time. If you end up not feeling the same way, it's alright with me. I know that you're worried with how I am about this," Aleks hesitantly says and waving his hand.

"Are you sure?"

"Yea, I'm may not seem like it at times, but I'm actually patient. I'll respect your decision."