𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒐 ~ 𝑻𝒐 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

That night Ilyna's grandfather walked her back to her room and they talked of what they were going to do. He told her that she needed to come to King's Landing with him because a child should not grow up without a family. He explained that while yes some of the things in that meeting may happen, such as a possible engagement to one of the princes, there were children her own age that she could grow up with. Ilyna did not want friends other than Pyrs, he was the only person who understood and listened to her. She doubted that the princes were people that would even listen to her when she spoke. She wasn't even really sure if her grandfather's reasoning made sense for her to move to King's Landing. She could not question him though, she was afraid that if she did it would cause more trouble than necessary.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

She packed the next morning, or her Septa packed for her, and waited to leave her home. Unfortunately Septa Maron was going to King's Landing with them, she had hoped that if she was going to a different city she would get different teachers. Septa Maron was a hateful woman who only cared if Ilyna was able to master simple things such as embroidery, posture, and reciting poetry. She also believed that Septa did not enjoy her company, most days she reprimanded Ilyna for not being a proper lady despite her greatest efforts. However, this was not entirely Ilyna's fault, there was not occasion for her to act as a proper lady. Most of her dinners were spent by herself in her quarters since she had been the only Strong at Harrenhal. This was something Ilyna would have to adjust to now that they were on their way to King's Landing.

The ride to King's Landing itself was a somewhat pleasant one. Ilyna enjoyed the fresh air and the horses they rode upon. She had only been on a horse a handful of times prior to their journey but she had always enjoyed her time on them. They didn't talk, her grandfather and her, it was mostly silent on the way. Her grandfather spoke with Ser Davron, who was his friend and a knight, more than he spoke to her. She was not even entirely sure what they would have spoken about.

On the third day of their journey Ilyna's butt was immensely sore and she had gotten insanely bored. The path to King's Landing felt never ending and she just wished to be lying in her bed.

"You'll like King's Landing, it's right on the ocean and the city is always lively." Ilyna looked to the side where the voice had come from, Ser Davron was speaking to her.

"I've never seen the ocean." She said curtly. She was not sure of the meaning behind this sudden small talk. Ser Davron was quite young, probably a little older than her father, and he smiled as he talked to her. Most people did not smile at her, most of her life people simply acted as if she weren't there. They had no qualms with her but she was the daughter, not so; this was only her assumption though, maybe they did have unknown qualms with her.

"Maybe you can ask your father to show you the city?" Ser Davron said, still smiling. There was no reason to smile and Ilyna did not know how to respond to his question. Why would she ask her father? She quirked an eyebrow up and shrugged. She would probably not ask this of her father, she knew he was far too busy with his affairs.

"Grandfather, how much longer do we have?" She ignored Ser Davron's comment, there was no need to answer it. She knew that she was not a priority for her father and that was alright with her, she knew most fathers did not care for their daughters, it was only natural. The only thing fathers could gain from daughters were political acquisitions. Though she was surprised that the Princess Rhaenyra was heir to the Iron Throne. It was the first time that Westeros would have a woman sitting on the throne.

"We will not get there until past nightfall since we are not stopping for the night." Ser Davron answered for her grandfather. Ilyna rolled her eyes and yet again ignored Ser Davron's words. She looked around the scenery in front of them. Having lived in Harrenhal for all of her life she had never seen such endless scenery. While she did used to look out upon the Riverlands from some of the higher points of Harrenhal, the ones that weren't is complete ruin, and watch people come and go from her home she never really wondered what the world would be like outside. She was mesmerized by the beauty of it all, even in the boredom that followed with the long journey. Ilyna had heard Pyrs talk about the Riverlands when he traveled between Riverrun and Harrenhal with his father. She never knew why the younger Tully brother would travel to Harrenhal so frequently with her grandfather in King's Landing but she was happy that he had brought Pyrs along. She wished she could stay with Pyrs, moving to a different city with only Septa Maron scared her. She knew that King's Landing would differ from Harrenhal greatly, first and foremost being the fact that King's Landing was a city and she had never been around more than a hundred people at a time.