𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙 ~ 𝑨 𝑵𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚 𝑪𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

"M'lady, you have to start getting ready!" Alira said the moment she enter Ilyna's room. Ilyna was sitting on her bed after lessons with Septa Maron reading. She had barely been able to sit still during her lessons for today was finally Aegon's name day. After several long days of waiting the time had arrived for Ilyna to dress up for the celebration. While she was not as excited to have to actually wish Aegon a happy name day she was very excited for the feast, the dancing, and the music. The Red Keep had been busy in the days leading up, people coming and going with decorations and furniture and more and more guests arriving. She knew that most of the people would arrive today, she had seen ships and many caravans coming towards King's Landing early.

It did not take very long for Ilyna to get ready. She had received her dress a few days ago from her grandfather, it was long sleeved and bore the colors of their house: red, blue, and green, though mostly red and blue. He had said that it was important to represent their house at the celebration, all the other houses would be wearing their colors. Her hair was braided and out of her face, Alira, her handmaiden, had suggested that she wear her hair down because it was so beautiful. Ilyna had quickly told her that she would be wearing it up, rarely anyone saw her with her hair down. She was so excited to be dressed up Alira had to remind her that she would get nowhere if she did not sit still. She couldn't help herself, it was too exciting of a day.

"Ilyna are you ready to go?" Her grandfather had not needed to announce himself before entering, she had been expecting him. The two of them would have to head down early since the Hand had to join King Viserys. He walked in just as Alira was putting the finishing touches on her hair.

"Yes, grandfather." She said excitedly, she thanked Alira before walking up to her grandfather and taking his arm. He was dressed in a dark blue tunic that looked quite fancy on him.

"You look rather dashing grandfather." She said, smiling up at him. He smiled back and said,

"You, my darling, look very beautiful." She had never been given such a complement. Well she had, by handmaidens or people attending her own name day celebration and her grandfather would tell her at those that she looked rather pretty, however she had never been called beautiful before. As they walked Ilyna noticed the hallways were practically bare. She had never seen them so empty this early in the night. She would usually have to wait until much later before she could sneak out to the training grounds. She told Pyrs in her letters that she was keeping up her practice even though it was much harder without him teaching her. He had written her back several new techniques he learned but he wasn't very good at explaining things over letter. She had almost forgotten the sword now and mainly practiced her archery. She could not light the lanterns in the training grounds so she would bring two small candles with her and place them near the target so she would be able to see it. She had been excelling much slower than she wanted but she was making due with when she was able to practice.

"There are some things I wished to go over before the celebration tonight." Her grandfather said, his smile lingered but he did have what Ilyna called his business face on. She knew that tonight she would have to make sure she was on her best behaviour, no outburst, no anger, and always keeping proper etiquette; she would even address Aegon as Prince Aegon, much to her disdain.

"I know that over the months you and the Prince Aemond and Princess Helaena have become fast friends, however it is important that tonight you treat them as if they are the prince and princess, not just your friends." She hadn't thought of that, she knew it was a very helpful reminder from her grandfather, but she could not help herself from becoming the smallest bit disappointed. She had wanted to enjoy the festivities with her friends and they were the only two she had at the Red Keep. She had been prepared to call them by their titles and use proper formalities but she had hoped that she could have fun with them.