𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆 ~ 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

*Hello! I am SOOOO sorry for the really late update, I promise there will be a more regular schedule. I just needed some time to plan out some of the rest of this story. From now the majority of the chapters will be switching POVs (mostly between Ilyna and Aemond), hope you enjoy!*

"I think it's adorable that they follow you around." Mayra giggled as she looked behind Ilyna to where Jaceyers stood. He was currently hiding behind a pillar.

"I find it very unnerving. They always follow me." Ilyna muttered, she rolled her eyes. She would not turn around to acknowledge his presence. It had become increasingly annoying knowing that both Jacaerys and Lucerys had taken up following her around as a hobby. In the two years since she arrived in King's Landing she had successfully avoided any sort of contact with them, however this only seemed to fuel their curiosity towards Ilyna. She had no desire to know them, even during her nights with her father she never brought up the topic of his bastard children. Ilyna found that even thinking of them sent a way of annoyance down her spine, which was quite often now. They would not leave her alone.

Ilyna tried to shake the thought of Jacaerys following them out of her mind. The two girls trailed behind Helaena, who was too busy searching for new insects to add to her collection to notice her young nephew following the three around. Though the princess' collection was quite extensive now she liked to see if any new creatures were in the gardens. Ilyna had slightly gotten over her aversion to the animals in the two years since she came to King's Landing, however she tried to leave the handling of them to Mayra. While Mayra had initially come to be a handmaiden and a companion to Helaena, Ilyna found that herself and Mayra were much more suited to have a friendship. It was strange at first, when Mayra and Ilyna had begun spending more time together than with Helaena, neither treated Helaena any differently. To them the princess was still a very close friend and someone the both of them cherished, however Ilyna and Mayra were closer to each other.

Though it was nearly summer, the weather in King's Landing had not been what Ilyna was used to. It had rained much more in the past few weeks than she had ever seen living there. Today happened to be one of the few days that there had not been rain on the ground, though the sky was still grey.

"Ilyna," Mayra whispered, grabbing Lyna's arm and pulling her in close. Ilyna was started by the sudden moment. She was careful not to make a sound as Mayra pulled at her, she did not wish to startle Helaena. Ilyna did not look at Mayra, however her confusion was apparent on her face. The two girls kept their gaze on Helaena, to make sure nothing happened, as Mayra began to speak.

"I was wondering if I could join the next time Prince Aemond comes to your quarters." Ilyna had told Mayra about Aemond's visits about a year after her arrival to the Keep. Mayra had intercepted her after one of her training sessions and tried to accompany Ilyna back to her quarters. Mayra had been shocked, but soon wished to know each and every detail about Ilyna's time with Aemond. This, however, was the first time she had ever asked to join. Mayra did know how Ilyna felt about her time with Aemond, it was private.

"Why would you wish to do that?" She asked, trying to keep her voice calm. Ilyna had finally come to terms with the fact that she was in love or at least felt some sort of connection with Aemond. She had never told anyone about her feelings towards the second prince, how could she when she was engaged to Aegon? Many thoughts swarmed her head at Mayra's request; was it possible that Mayra only wished to have company for the night, she thought.

"He has grown into a very fine boy and he is a prince. My father wishes for me to get to know him more." Ilyna could almost feel the blood drain from her face. She had never thought of the idea that Aemond would get married. It was inevitable, however the thought never crossed her mind. Afterall she was engaged to Aegon, Aemond had no ties to her other than friendship.