009: am i invisible to you?

AM I INVISIBLE TO YOU?

sunghoon had just started walking away from the long lunch line, a tray of somewhat edible food in his hands and a slight frown on his face. after everything that happened yesterday, he felt unwanted and as though he were a burden, even to jay, sunoo, and riki.

he found out that riki and jay had some close connections, so jay started sitting with them when he said that he felt better than before.

sunghoon was happy that jay was okay, but now it would just be even harder to hide his jealously.

he walked up to the table where the 3 friends were sitting and sat beside jay, who glanced over at him with a weird face.

"you seem bummed out, whats the matter?" jay asked, moving around the cauliflower on his plate with a fork.

is it that obvious? sunghoon thought to himself.

"o-oh, uhm, it's nothing, i just... didn't get a good nights sleep, that's all." sunghoon spoke with zero confidence in what he was saying, looking over at riki and sunoo who tried to look like they believed him.

"whatever floats your boat, hoon" jay decided to try the radioactive looking cauliflower on his tray and spat it out before he could even chew on it.

"ew.." sunoo sassed, covering his eyes.

"oh, shut up." jay scoffed, folding into laughter when sunoo put on an offended look.

sunghoon didn't feel like laughing, though. after yesterday, he just felt like the odd man out.

"i'm gonna go to the library..." sunghoon slung his backpack onto his back, alarming the others who looked confused. "bye.." he whispered before any of them got a chance to question him.

he quickly dashed out of the lunch room so that none of them could chase him and catch up with him. he let out a shaky breath, hands gripping the straps of his backpack tightly.

in reality, sunghoon wasnt going to the library (even though thats what he should've done considering he had a test just 2 periods after), but he was actually going to find jungwon. he should know by now that his attempts would always end badly, but he couldn't stop himself.

looking at his phone to check the time, he was happy to know there was still a good 25 minutes left of his lunch period, so he had plenty of time to find and talk to jungwon.

speaking of the devil, sunghoon saw the boy coming out of a classroom with an annoyed look on his face. he felt like he shouldn't intrude during a time where he may be annoyed, but hes had this look on his face so many times to the point where sunghoon thinks jungwon just has a resting bitch face.

"wonnie!" sunghoon spoke with a soft smile on his face. he wasn't sure himself where the nickname came from, but he liked using it.

actually, backspace.

"stop calling me that. what do you want?" jungwon scoffed out, crossing his arms while looking at the shorter. he softened his gaze when he noticed that sunghoons expression seemed to drop at his rude tone. "sorry, what do you need?" jungwon responded with a half-hearted demeanor.

sunghoon smiled again at his attempts to apologize and breathed in before speaking.

"uhm, i was wondering if you... if you meant what you said yesterday." sunghoon spoke in a soft voice, and his question left jungwon confused.

"what do you mean? everything i say, i mean." jungwon responded flatly, not caring on the context of the question.

"o-oh, well, i just wanted to know since i dont want to keep being scared by you and i want to try and actually be friends." sunghoons strong voice turned into a bare whisper as he slowly felt like he was rambling to the boy who seemed like he couldnt care less.