02. dixon

"ARE YOU THE ones that barricaded the alley?" rick questioned, while me and glenn led the way back to our friends

glenn kept me surprisingly close to him like he wasnt too sure of rick. if only he knew the man rick was and that he had been living with his wife and son the past couple weeks.

i shook my head, glancing back at him, "somebody else did— i guess when the city got overrun."

glenn nodded, beginning to run, "whoever did it was thinking not many geeks would get through"

he grabbed my backpack from my back gently, intertwining our fingers to pull me along with him.

"back at the tank, why'd you guys stick your necks out for me?" rick questioned as we came to a stop at a trap door.

glenn threw down our backpacks before ushering me down first, "call it foolish, naive hope. that if i'm ever that far up shit creek, somebody might do the same for me."

rick nodded, glancing down to me, "what about you carsyn? you couldn't tell it was me from how far away you were."

i pointed to his uniform once we reached the ground, "i knew you had to work with my dad if you had on that uniform. plus we need more survivors around so we don't  lose humanity."

i saw glenn smile a bit at my words. probably never hearing something like that come from me. i haven't been the nicest to him. he probably thinks i'm heartless.

"we're back. got a guest plus four geeks in the alley" glenn warned the others as we rushed down the stairs.

we abruptly stopped in our tracks when we got close to the bottom. seeing two of the four geeks coming towards us, but before they reached us. morales and tdog rushed out the door in riot gear, taking them out.

"let's go!" i yelled, bolting towards the open door. as we rushed into the room, andrea quickly grabbed rick by his collar. holding a gun up to his face.

"you son of a bitch. we ought to kill you"

"just chill out, andrea. back off" morales warned, earning a nod from me in response, "leave him be."

"leave him be? you're kidding me, right? we're dead because of this stupid asshole" she argued, clicking her gun.

i grabbed her shoulder along with morales, glaring at her, "andrea, i said back the hell off"

she hesitated before letting his collar go and lowering her gun, "we're dead— all of us. because of you."

glenn pulled me closer to him. he knew andrea wouldn't hurt me, so why was he acting so protective?

"i don't understand" rick uttered, looking at andrea worriedly.

morales rolled his eyes, grabbing ricks shoulder to lead him away, "look, we came into the city to scavenge supplies. you know what the key to scavenging is? surviving!"