Chapter 02

Photo above is not mine snd has nothing to do with the story I just thought it's cute
———————————————————

Norman's POV>

The boy glared at me for a bit before burying his face in his arms. He had a strange feel to him, Like running through the rain without rain gear or drinking until you won't remember the stupid thing you did the next day. His black hair covered one of his eyes and he's around 2 inches shorter than me. I could toss him a note. No, it's not worth getting trouble on my first day here, I'll speak with him after class. I don't know why but I feel pulled to them. I've never spoken a word to him but I feel something. Maybe I'm going crazy? Who knows, I'll just focus on class for now.

*Beep beep* the bell rings and he starts to gather his stuff. This is my chance I guess "hey, I'm Norman it's nice to meet you!" I smile. "Oh hey I'm Ray," he replies. "Do you maybe wanna hang out at lunch," I ask crossing my fingers. "Nah," he mumbled as he brushes past me. Seriously? I will be friends with him I don't care how long I have to try.

The rest of the day I only pass Ray in the hallways but I do meet a girl named Gilda in science, she's quiet good at science I have to admit. She's a bit shy but very sweet, my first friend here I guess. She invited me to sit with her at lunch tomorrow, I mean of course I accepted why wouldn't I? She even gave me her number! I grab the house key from the flower pot and open the door, my parents will probably be home tomorrow evening I believe. So I feed my cats and decide to chill the rest of the night.

Rays POV>

"Emma, Ray it's time to leave," Mrs.Gwen smiles. "Ahhh already?" Emma whines. Mrs.Gwen nods and we both leave the art room with our stuff. "Alright I'll walk you home now," I announce. "Ray you know you really don't have to, I'll be fine!" Emma exclaims. I'm not worried about her not being okay, I really just don't wanna go home. "I know but I like to..." I mumble. Emma smiles at me "okay then, let's start walking!"

All to quickly we reach Emma's house, I walk slowly to my house and through the longest route. Around the park, left at the stop sign and take all cross walks so you have to wait for cars. All this adds probably about 15 minutes to my walk home. Of course despite my efforts I do still arrive home. When I get home my mom sits at the table, he long black hair out of its normal neat bun, she's scribbling stuff down on a paper that appears to be a piece of paper work. Next to her she has a small stack of what is probably more paper work. A purple mug with a crown on it sits I front of her, steam coming from the it.

She looks up at me and smiles "welcome home Ray" she goes back to her paper work, I feel like I don't need to say anything. Just before I get to the hallway Mom says "I'll start Dinner in about an hour unless you have plans tonight?" I shake my head "no plans, just some homework and smash bros," I flop down on my bed. I'm such a disappointment, I know what my mom wants. She wants me to have friends, go out on weekends, try out for the basketball team. Thats what she wanted from her only son. But me? I like to draw and play video games, stay up late alone in my room. My only friends are Emma, Gilda and Atlas. I barley talk to Atlas, I guess I have discord friends to but that's It. maybe I'll draw. I should really do my homework...but I'm not going to. Instead I turn on the tv and my console, smash bros it is.

Emma's POV>

I scribble the final answer out on my math homework, finally I'm done! I hop on my phone and put on some music to vibe to for a bit. "Promise me a place in the house of.." *Buzz*
*click*

Bestie! (Gilda)
Emma! I want you to meet my friend Norman, he'll be sitting with us at lunch tomorrow!

Me (Emma)
Kk!

Snowman (Norman)
Hey, I'm Norman.

Me (Emma)
Hiya! Names Emma!

Snowman (Norman)
I'm glad to meet you you seem nice

Me (Emma)
I try!😊

*click*

He seems nice! I wonder what he looks like. Hopefully he can handle Ray, some people can't because Ray is a bit much sometimes. Very blunt at times. I'm sure they'll both adjust though.

Rays POV>
I plop back in my bed, damn that food was good. I think I'm just going to sleep now. I can do math homework tomorrow.

(Next day at lunch)

I look at the options in front of me. All look disgusting by normal standard but by school lunch standards the burger and fries looks good. I grab that along with some broccoli at the little vegetable buffet thing and look so to see a route to my table. I go left and around the trash cans, same as I do everyday it's a part of my routine. While some aspects of it change daily the main bit of it stays the same. One of those things is that I always eat lunch at the same table with Emma and Gilda. So when I get there I look at the snowy haired boy with a bit of disappointment and anger, why the hell is this annoying idiot here?

———————————————————
Heyy! River here, I have deadliness for when chapters will be coming out, could be sooner then listed days depending on how much free time I have. Here's the first 5 deadlines (chapters 01-05):

01: no deadline
02: 10-31-22
03: 11-04-22
04: 11-10-22
05: 11-15-22

I do have a full story planned and can assure you there will be at least 13 chapters if it's not discontinued(more realistically probably 15-17). Also btw I love it when I see you guys add my story to your reading list it makes me feel special lmao. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
-River (She/They)

Chapter two complete!
1082 words!