Chapter 06

Rays POV>

As I hop out of my window as quietly as I can all my million thoughts can be summed up into one word 'shit.' Sometimes you do stupid shit for someone you love I guess.

I check my bag phone, charger, ibuprofen, house keys and a few small snacks. Okay I'm ready I guess. I start walking towards the head of my street where me and Norman planned to meet up. When I start to get close I can see him standing there holding the pole of the stop sign with one and and waving with the other. I softly wave back, a few steps before get to him. He gives me a hug "ready to go?" He asks. "As ready as I'll ever be," I mumble back.

Before I know it were already at the party surrounded by other high schoolers, ew. I'd much rather be home. I reach and grab Norman's hand he looks at me and I lean to whisper into his ear "just selling the act." He nods and we walk through the small crowd hand in hand. I look at him though and he looks flustered.

"Want some punch?" I ask him. "It's probably spiked he tells me. I laugh "no shit that'll make it fun, we play the odds. I'd say it's a 75% chance that it's spiked," I say while I grin at him.  "Ray we've only been here like 4 minutes id like to remember a little bit o-"  he starts to tell me but I yank his hand as we walk to a long table covered with a blue table cloth. One of the cheap cloths, of course. It has plates and snacks laid out. Along with cups and a punch bowl.

We peer down into the bowl. "I'd say 20 dollars it's spiked," Norman mumbles. I fill a cup and take a small sip. "Seems normal," I sigh in disappointment. He laughs "well then let's go join in the game they're starting!"

Norman's POV>

We sit in a circle and play truth or dare. Honestly it was a pretty dull game. I mean it was a bit funny I guess.

"Guys what if we played 7 minutes in heaven!" A girl with long blonde hair shouts. Everyone around us agrees so I feel inclined to as well.

At this point almost everyone around the circle has hickeys and lipstick on their cheeks, including Ray. Then it's my turn so I take the bottle and spin. Spin. Spin. Ray. He looks at me and then our eyes meet and we both quickly dart our gaze away. "Alrighty! Norman and Ray, the infamous couple. Have fun!" she exclaims practically shoving us in the closet.

"Dude they're gonna expect to see us making out when they come back or... at least it has to look like we were!" He scrambles for worlds. In the dark closet it's already pretty cramped and making out with my fake boyfriend in here didn't sound like great fun. Though it didn't sound terrible either.  "Shit, just give me a hickey or two and then when we hear footsteps start like i don't know making out with me!" I hissed . "Sure whatever," he replied.

He grabbed the right side of my head to support it while he sucked on my neck. Slowly he wrapped his other arm around my waist.  He moved to another spot and started sucking again as I leaned my head into his hand to give him room. "Ra- Ray you can stop we don't need to over do it.." I mutter softly. "Ray, you- you can stop," I repeated. "Sorry just wanted to sell it,"  He says flushing a bright pink. "No, no it's fine," I whisper back.

We awkwardly wait in the closet then. I hear what sounds like stirring for someone to come get us. Quickly I grab him and begin to kiss him. I lick his lips and taste what I'd guess to be peppermint chapstick. He opens up his mouth as the closet door swings open. "Times up!" A short girl with curly hair says. When we come back he sits beside me. "Hey I'm not feeling well can we please go home?" He whippers to me.  I lean in "yeah of course let's go," I whisper as I stand up. "Hey I'm heading home sorry guys," I apologize. "No worries man!" "Yeah down sweat it,"

I grab Rays hand and we go out side of the house. "What wrong?" I ask. He looks at his feet "you'll think it's stupid," he mutters . "Please tell me?" I beg him. "I was just overwhelmed and I'd honestly rather just go home please?" He tells me. "Of course, I'm so sorry,"I tell him. He looks at me and grabs my hand. Squeeze. Squeeze. Squeeze.

We slowly approach his house. "Okay I'm just gonna go through the window I'll see you in the morning," he tells me. "Of course, sleep well," I reply as I start to walk away.

(Earlier that day with Atlas and Gilda)

Gilda's POV>

"So what's up love," he asks me. I take a deep breath in and lift my head up to look him in the eyes. Really Gilda? Outside of the public library Great place to break up with someone. "Atlas.. we... I'm breaking up with you," I confess.

The shimmer in his eyes turns from one of admiration to one odd sadness..heart break. "I- I'm sorry Atlas -" I start to trip over words as I feel tears form in my eyes and see them form in his. "I'm sorry," I tell him. "Why?" He asks in a rushed way to keep me from hearing the knot in his throat. "I.. don't know, this just didn't feel right, you were lovely Atlas any girl would be lucky to have you," I reassure him. He nods as I watch tears fall down his cheeks and as quickly as I see them even quicker he wipes them away. "Goodbye." And with that I walk away  leaving him sitting on a bench.

(Back to present time next chapter!)

————————————————————

Sorry that chapter was a bit meh but I had to get that out of the way for another good one! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Chapter six complete!
1051 words!