Chapter 08

Norman's POV>

I take in what just happened. Is Ray okay? What did I do? Should I check on him? I should find Emma she'll know what to do. I walk to where I think her locker is but she's not there and I start to look around, panicking. Then I see her chatting with Gilda and making her way this direction. "Emma! Can I talk to you for a second?" I ask. She nods with a huge smile on her face. She gives Gilda a pat on the shoulder and follows me. "What's up?" She says looking at me.

Rays POV>

I sit on the toilet, head buried in my knees and tears staining my jeans.  I hear the bell ring above head and know that means there's 4 minutes until class stars but I don't move.

Looking around this is quiet a depressing scene, breaking down in a school bathroom? I've usually been able to hold it together long enough to get home. I could never understand what me and Norman are, I mean I wonder if he even knows. It's like sometimes we're actually dating and then the next day he just brushes it off as though we're just friends? Of course other times were fake dating in front of a crowd people, actors on stage, but the lines of fake and real are begging to blur. The one person I'd talk to about this doesn't even know that we're fake dating and not actually dating. I feel tears flowing out of my eyes once again.

"Ray..?" I hear a voice ask. "Emma what the hell!?" I shout back at her. "Hey calm down it's only us in here. I just wanted it make sure you alright." I laugh, what do i say now? She sighs "Ray...Norman told me that your fake dating but I don't know what's wrong. Please talk to me?" Emma pleads. "Ray.. do you? Do you love Norman?" The ways she asks, it's as if its a fragile question, it is. I kick the door and feel an anger wave across me but then it disappears and I'm just sad again.

She leans against my stalls door. "Yeah. I know it sucks. there's this girl-." "...what?" I ask. She laughs in a sad way. "Yeah, she's like so beautiful but she has a boyfriend as far as I know." We just stay like that silently for a few minutes. "Yeah I love him. He loves her." Maybe loves not right word, but i can't think of a better word.

Emma's POV>

"I need to get out of here before I'm in trouble, I care about you Ray, it'll be okay eventually," I tell him as I leave. I feel bad for Ray and I make my way to my first period class. Feeling like that sucks. It hurts and you just wanna know why your not good enough. Why that person is. Unfortunately life has a lack of easy answers and and abundant amount of complicated ones.

I sit in my chair and just as I do my teacher motions me to come over. "Oh my fucking god.." I say under my breath.  "Yes?" I ask in a cheerful voice. "Why were you late Emma? Do you have a pass?" He asks. I shake my head "no but it's because my stepdad needed help this morning with the dogs so I got here late but I really thought I could make it to class on time. Sorry." I say apologetically. "Oh no worries Emma, your excused,"  he smiles. Thank god I'm usually such a goody two shoes even if he could tell I was lying I don't think he cared.

(End of school)

As the bell rings for class to end I make a beeline for my locker. I grab my stuff and push through to the art room where I see Ray already waiting for me. A empty piece of paper sitting in front of him and pencils beside him. I sit across from him and Mrs.Gwen stands In the hall waving bye to children. "Did you talk to-." "No," he replies before I even finish asking. We sit in silence as I pull out some fresh paper to draw on.

The time passes quick and all of a sudden we have to leave. "You ready to go home Emma?" Ray asks me. I nod "yup!" We start walking down the hall and out the hug heavy doors. The same path we always take. Just like alway I open the door and step inside, and facing Ray I say "Bye Ray! Cya soon!" A cheerful smile on my face as I shut the door.

Rays POV>

As Emma says bye and shuts the door I feel myself slightly relax. Like I'm breathing a little better now. All I can think about is how much do a fool I am. I didn't like him at first, he broke my routine and I wanted to stick to how things were. Slowly though I started to see he was a light in the darkness that was my life and just him being near me, it made it all brighter. I was in a dark closet, he switched on a flashlight.

That sounds cheesy I guess. As I arrive home I flip on my bed. Failing grades, messy room, chores to do and yet I just lay in my bed, head hidden in the pillows. That's the last thing I remember before drifting into a sweet sleep.

A boy with white hair, ocean blue eyes and rosy cheeks. A girl, long black hair, tanned skin and shimmering green eyes, holding his hand. I watch them walk down a long empty corridor, skulking and laughing. Me, crying and wishing that I was her. Of course, this is a dream so by some miracle Norman sees me, he runs to me and he loves me and not her.

I open my eyes. No. I will not be sad over a snowy haired idiot who I've know for not even a year. I check the time on my clock. 9:08 PM. I take a deep breath, I have things to do, I have no time for this bullshit. Deep down In my heart somewhere though I can still feel a twinge of sadness but I push it down and ignore it.

————————————————————
Chapter 8 completed!

1069 words!!