The Fall of Spider-Man Part 1

Hey guys! So this is my first story on this website. I've gotten inspiration from a few different sources right here on Wattpad, but I'm trying something new.

I'm not an avid comic book reader (unfortunately), so don't blame me if some parts of this are canonically inaccurate.

Spider-Man is my favourite hero in the entire comic book universe, and I feel he suffers too much, so here is my attempt to ensure that he can get a happy ending.

Disclaimer: I don't own Spider-Man, The Avengers, The Justice League, or any of the characters other than the ones I've created. They are owned by Marvel and DC Comics respectively.

Cheers!

XXXX

1 Year Ago

Earth 616

Peter Parker sat in his apartment. In his hand was a bottle of beer, similar to the other seven that were scattered around his bed. His bloodshot eyes gazed out at the city through his small four-paned window, observing it under the light of the setting sun. He could distinctly make out Avengers Tower in the backdrop, gleaming like a shining metal beacon, proclaiming to the city that they were protected.

'The irony,' Peter thought darkly. 'That they would trust them to protect the city when they haven't ever lifted a finger in the past.'

Peter's life was not going well, to put it mildly. Almost a year ago, one of his greatest enemies, a mad scientist by the name of Otto Octavius, had hijacked his body, swapping their minds in the process. Peter was sent to the doctor's dying body, while Octavius received his young, fresh one. Otto, while initially hoping to fulfil his villainous ambitions, was 'infected' by Peter's memories, and swore to do good and help the city better than Peter ever did. He began calling himself the 'Superior Spider-Man', and went on a spree enforcing his brutal justice on the city's evildoers. Meanwhile, he started a company to make Peter Parker have the resources he never did before to better police the city.

Otto managed to antagonise the vast majority of everyone Spider-Man knew. Having threatened Danielle Cage, he was completely hated by the Defenders, his street hero allies. The X-Men, never having been too keen on him in the first place, also quickly closed their doors to him. The Avengers, the team he was a member of, the team he thought respected him, tried to find out what happened, but after deducing that he wasn't a Skrull, they left him to rot. Even his students, Miles, Anya, Gwen, and Cindy were all astonished at his new behaviour, but none of them came to help him.

Eventually, it was Peter himself who managed to reassert control of his body in Otto's moment of weakness, ridding himself of the body snatcher while simultaneously fighting the Green Goblin, perhaps his greatest enemy, in yet another attempt to conquer the city. The Goblin, not expecting the real Spider-Man to return, was quickly dealt with, and the city saved.

Yet despite that, he was shunned by everyone he knew. The X-Men, even after explaining what happened, refused to believe him, even when they had a multitude of telepaths in their employ. Even his former self-professed 'brother', Logan A.K.A The Wolverine, didn't even entertain the notion that something was amiss.

The Avengers were completely indifferent to his plight, coldly shutting down any attempt at protest he made. When he started complaining, he was attacked by his former friend Jessica Drew, or the Spider-Woman. He refused to fight back even to defend himself, and managed to escape and limp back to his apartment. The Fantastic Four, who he considered family, even spit at him and banned him from their tower, refusing to let him see his pseudo nephew and niece, Franklin and Valeria Richards. Not that the kids wanted to see him after what Otto had done.