Axis vs Shadow Society Part 3 - Skirmish

Earth Prime

Present Day

"I want the entire Justice League on full alert, understand?" The Spider commanded on screen. He was in New York, while the rest of the Justice League stood at full attention to deal with the growing crisis. "We've discovered that the Shadow Society plans to make a move today, in New York. Raven's the priority, so Armored Guardian, the Duchess, and I are gonna try getting into the Underground to check for their location. Nightwing, Red Hood, and Red Robin are gonna be joining us. The rest of you, I'm gonna be leaving New York in your care. Please, for the love of god, don't break it."

The Underground was the infamous headquarters of the Axis, which was located in the dark side of the moon. It was very difficult to get in there, bar an actual full fledged attack on the building, which might just destroy the moon, so the Justice League had grudgingly agreed to let it be. It was warded by Professor Perplexity, fully outfitted with advanced technology by Edward Morgan, AKA Forge, and even reinforced by Josh Spaken, who was widely known as one of the most intelligent men on the planet. Luckily, there were a few that rivalled him, Peter and Bruce not least among them.

"Are you sure that you can trust the Duchess, Spider?" Martian Manhunter asked. "After all, she's still affiliated with the Shadow Society. Perhaps she'll try to take Raven for herself?"

"She won't," Peter replied firmly. He knew that, while they may disagree on somethings, Allison was still one of his best friends, and she wouldn't stand by while the world is in danger. He could trust her in this situation.

"Very well," J'onn relented.

"We'll be watching," Superman assured his friend. They had quite a squad gathered, after all. The Justice League's permanent members were all there, with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, two Green Lanterns, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, Hawkwoman, Hawkman, Shazam, Cyborg, Firestorm, Batgirl, and Steel being present, along with several others, like the Titans, (The Flash (Wally West), Troia, Beast Boy, Starfire, Superboy, Tempest, and Ms Martian, and Robin), and the Justice League Mystics (Constantine, Zatanna, Etrigan, Doctor Fate, and Detective Chimp).

All in all, they were a very well balanced, powerful group, who were ready to take on whatever came their way.

"Alright," Constantine sighed. "The five of us are heading to the Tower of Fate to do a ritual to help find the poor girl. So, we'll see you all later."

"Keep us informed," Batman ordered gruffly. With a final nod, the Mystics all left the room towards the transporters.

The rest of them paced uselessly. They had very little experience with either group involved in the struggle. Mostly, both the Axis and the Shadow Society stuck to New York, trying their best to take out the Spider. Peter always got the better of them, due in large part to his innovative mind for strategies, and the luck of the devil. This meant that they had very little idea of what to expect.

Suddenly, an alert went off on the computer, directing all their attention towards it.

"There's been an attack on Morgan Tower in New York City," Cyborg reported.

"They're calling out Edward Morgan," Batman realized.

"Well, let's take care of it, then," Superman declared, leading the way to the transporters.

XXXXX

Earth Prime

Present Day

The Justice League arrived in a blazing glow of light using the Zeta beam transporter directly into their landing port. They rushed out into the streets, seeing many people stampeding past them. Superman shot forward to catch a punch from Metalon, a man who was made out of metal, just as it was about to hit the building's support pillar. His arrival stunned the Shadowmen long enough for the rest of the League to arrive.