Rise of the Justice League

14 Years Ago

Earth Prime

"A sword and trident through his eyes, and he's still standing?" Lantern muttered incredulously.

They watched as the Dark God stumbled around, clutching his face. They had all backed away to get out of range of his swinging arms. He had removed the sword and the trident from his eyes earlier.

Wonder Woman helped Peter to his feet.

"A valiant effort, Spider," she congratulated. "You did a fantastic job against our foe."

"Yeah, well, it wasn't enough," Peter coughed, wrapping webs tightly around his forearms and chest to keep the broken bones in place without moving. "This isn't over yet, Wonder Woman."

"We literally poked his eyes out," Flash pointed out. "What else can we do?"

"We can send him home," Cyborg answered, prompting them all to turn to him.

"How do we do that?" Wonder Woman asked, wiping the sweat off her forehead. As much as she enjoyed combat, this was strenuous even for her.

"Those mother boxes, the ones the aliens planted, can open a gateway back to the world they come from," Cyborg explained. "I just have to connect with them somehow and speak their language."

"Which is what?" Lantern asked skeptically.

"'Ping', whatever the hell that is," Cyborg answered.

"Okay," Peter called their attention, with no arguments from others because of his previous leading efforts. "Here's the new plan. Flash, Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman. He's blind, but I think he has enhanced senses, so be careful. Go for him, and distract him. Don't let him rampage, it could cause too much damage. Keep him close, keep him contained. Use the previous strategy: Flank him, and attack him from different sides. Cyborg and I are gonna figure out how to open the portals. Everyone got it?"

They all nodded. The four went off towards the giant, eager to unleash some frustrations on his person.

Peter turned to Cyborg. "Why Cyborg?" the metal man asked.

"You're half metal, half man. You have a better name?" Peter shot back, before turning serious. "What do you need to open portals all around the world?" he asked. "These things have appeared everywhere, and we need to take them out worldwide."

"I need an increase in connectivity," Cyborg answered. "The signal needs to be broadcast everywhere at the same time."

"Leave that to me," Peter promised. He connected a wire from his suit to a charging port on Cyborg's arm. Then, he opened his comms channel and called Alex in New York.

"Alex," he spoke. "You there?"

"Peter!?" came the shout from the other end. "Are you alright? We saw the fight here on the news!"

"I'm fine," Peter said shortly, cutting across the upcoming rant. "I need your help to shut this invasion down."

Alex took a breath. "Alright, what do you need?" he asked, calmer than before.

"I'm gonna transmit a signal to you, and I need you to get it out to everywhere in the world."

"Alright," Alex replied confidently. "Give it to me."

"You have the signal, man?" Peter asked Cyborg, who nodded his head hesitantly. "Transmitting now," he spoke into his comms.

"Got it," Alex said back. After a second, he continued. "I've linked it to some satellites around the world. Give me the word."