Axis vs Shadow Society Part 5 - Trigon

Earth Prime

Present Day

The Axis and the Shadowmen both rushed towards the being, Wild Wolf and his family leaping towards him, shrugging off the wounds inflicted on them. Maxie Zeus and Boltia levelled devastating bolts of lightning at the god, only for him to casually redirect them away at their allies. Mercury tried to speed in but a bolt hit him in the stomach, sending him tumbling over, before lying unconscious on the ground. Trigon waved his hands, and a huge wave of demons erupted out of the ground, charging at the heroes and villains.

Peter, meanwhile, made his way to Raven, who was being tended to by the Justice League Mystics. Zatanna glanced over at him as he approached.

"How is she?" he asked. "We kind of need her on the field."

They looked over to see a giant smoky red fist collide with a golden ankh that formed in thin air.

"Fate's doing what he can, but Raven's the key."

"She's healed, but she has no energy left," Constantine explained. "She needs energy to fight."

"What kind of energy?" Wally, who had just woken up and sped over, asked.

"Any kind," Zatanna replied.

"Can electricity work?" Peter inquired, looking at the battlefield. Many of the fighters were unconscious, and the Justice League had joined the fight, but they weren't doing much. Superman was stuck in some sort of haze, his eyes red, but otherwise paralysed, much like Shazam. Stinger was desperately hopping from place to place, trying to escape the hordes of demons out to get them. Most of the others were fighting the mindless demons summoned by Trigon, while Perplexity, Hell's Bane, and Doctor Fate were tackling the entity itself.

Constantine exchanged a look with Zatanna. "We can convert electricity to magic," he finally responded.

With that, Peter stood up and called out to Boltia, Maxie Zeus, Perplexity, and Hell's Bane, all of whom stopped their assault on the demons and flew down.

"What!" Boltia growled. "We're doing what you hero types are failing to do. What do you want now?!"

"I have a plan," Peter cut short their complaining. "Perplexity, Hell's Bane, you and the rest of the magicals are gonna create a magical shield around the area. Boltia, Maxie Zeus, you two and Shazam are gonna hit Zatanna and Constantine with the strongest bolt of lightning you have. It's gonna wake up Raven, and she's our trump card, alright?"

After getting their agreement, and telepathically relaying the plan to a slowly recovering Shazam, Peter dove into the hordes of creatures, taking apart any that came within reach of his suit. Peter's skills had improved considerably in the years spent on this universe, having regularly sparred with the greatest martial artists in the world, and improved his already talented hand to hand combat abilities. He had refined his powers to a knife's edge, knowing that there was always something much worse out there, and unlike last time, when he was just a 'friendly neighborhood' street level vigilante, here he was one of the founding members of the Justice League, the greatest group of heroes on Earth. He needed to be at the top of his game. He cleaved his way through the horde, reaching his protege, who, upon seeing her mentor, decided to join him, guarding his back as he stormed past the demons.

"Sophie, you alright?" he asked his mentee worriedly. She was still young, and this was a very dangerous situation, after all.

"I'm fine, boss," she panted, rolling her eyes at his worrying, but secretly very pleased. He was a very caring mentor, and for the orphan, almost like a surrogate father.