01 - Prologue

Aight my bruh's have fun!

-.-.-.-

At the Royal Palace fountain area, Azula attempted to perform a cartwheel followed by a flip, but falls to the ground. Tylee then follows up by doing a cartwheel then a double flip midair and striking a V pose.

Azula, in jealousy, pushes Tylee to the ground and laughs at her.

"Augh, Azula" Tylee pouts.

Meanwhile Mai and Uzu are sitting next to eachother at a nearby tree, simply minding their own business. Mai looks up and sees Zuko and his Mom walking by on a pathway, and quickly blushes and turns her head, hitting Uzu's head by accident in the process.

"Ow" Uzu says dryly, not appearing too bothered by the pain. 

Azula, seeing Mai's reaction to looking at Zuko, suddenly smirks mischieviously. "Watch this", Azula whispers to Tylee, who giggles in response.

Azula walked up to Zuko and his Mom and said "Mom, can you make Zuko play with us?" causing Zuko's brow to twitch at Azula's blatant disregard for his opinion. "We'll need equal teams for our game," Azula explains.

"I am not cartwheeling" Zuko sneers in distrust.

"You won't have to, cartwheeling's not a game." Azula sneers back, barely whispering "dum dum".

"I don't care. I don't wanna play with you." Zuko says.

Azula then adopts a not so innocent smile, "We are brother and sister, it's important for us to spend time together." Azula then looks at her mom, "Don't you think so Mom?"

"Yes darling, I think it is a good idea to play with your sister." She gives Zuko a small hug, "Go on now, just for a little while." With those words Zuko's mom leaves the area to attend to other matters.

-.-.-.-

"Here's the way it goes. Now what you do is," Azula places an apple on Mai's head. "Try to knock the apple off the other person's head, Uzu, if you will."

"Ok" Uzu said. She walked up to Mai, and then simply punched the Apple off her head. Azula scowls.

"No you idiot, you have to use firebending. Put the apple back on top." Azula commands, which Uzu wordlessly obeys.

"Now, what you actually do is knock it off like this". Azula says, shooting a small fire at the stem of the apple on Mai's head.

Mai then looks up at her head in panic, clearly not anticipating having a fire on top of her head. Zuko runs towards Mai and quickly tackles her to get the apple of her head, landing Zuko ontop of her in the fountain, both soaking wet.

Azula laughs "See! I told you it would work!"

Tylee looks at the pair in admiration, "Awwww, they look so cute together."

Zuko storms away wordlessly with Mai getting up herself, looking at Tylee and Azula in anger. "You two are such... UGH!"

-.-.-.-

Zuko stomps past his now approaching mom, who says "Iroh sent us a letter from the warfront... you're soaking wet." Zuko's mom notes.

Zuko just responds by yelling "Girls are crazy!" 

-.-.-.-

9 days later, Uzu and Mai are wordlessly reading together under the same tree as before. The book they are reading is about Avatar Roku's journey to master earthbending. 

They are broken out of their quality reading time when Azula arrives with news. 

"Uzu, Mai, I have some devastating news for both of you," despite these words, Azula is smiling. "General Iroh's son has died at Ba Sing Se, causing General Iroh to stop the siege like a coward."

Mai's slight smile while reading immeadiatly turned into a huge frown, while Uzu look up at Azula with her mouth agape, which then caused Azula to look suprised at Uzu's sudden display of emotion.

The reason for Uzu's shock is that she actually quite liked the few times she got to meet Iroh. Especially the one time they played Paisho together.

Azula then speaks with a faux consolatory voice, "Oh, don't feel bad, this is the opportunity for my father to become Fire Lord, isn't that great!?" Azula says with a smile. 

Both Mai and Uzu did not look impressed with Azula's cheeriness, but still said nothing. Much to Azula's irritation.

"Ugh, I forgot how pathetic and alone you two act, I'll just go and have a chat with Tylee."

With those words Azula walked off. 

Uzu felt like today was already a really bad day, but little did she know, that her day was about to get way worse.

-.-.-.-

Uzu was in her room mindlessly looking out the window, it had started raining very heavily an hour ago, with no sign of stopping. 

She felt that the weather outside truly represented her mood, the dark clouds showing no sky whatsover with intense rain was pretty depressing.

Uzu let out a small sigh when a messenger burst into her room, ignoring all social ettiquette.

"Urgent message for Lady Uzu! You're family home is under attack!" The messenger exclaimed, Uzu's expression immeadiately darkening.

"I'm going," Uzu plainly stated, jumping out of the window.

"Lady Uzu!" The messenger yelled, but it was long drowned out by the sound of the rain.

Uzu started firebending, propelling herself as fast as she could towards her parents house, which was luckily quite close to the royal palace she was staying at. 

Uzu was confident that she had never moved at such a high speed in her life, jumping over various buildings like her life depended on it.

Please be fine! Please! Please! 

Uzu then arrived at the front of her house which was massive, in complete shock. The entire house was burned to the ground, with no sign of survivors.

Uzu stood there, desperately wanting to scream but no voice came out.

She had lost everything, her mom, her dad, her little brother, all gone.

Uzu fell to her knees, looking up at the sky, not caring for the massive amounts of rain landing on her face.

Why... why... why... This is so drab...

Uzu, not completely in the right state of mind, started thinking perhaps insane thoughts.

Why does everything have to end so depressingly..? It's boring, unfair... cruel. This is annoying. I wish everything was bright and colorful. Each flashy spark of life I knew... is gone.

Rather than worry about her family, Uzu was mourning simply how boring and depressing the situation was, as a way to block out the pain she felt for her family.

I... will... be... flamboyant.

With these final thoughts, Uzu collapsed into the realm of unconsiousness, both out of shock and exhaustion.

-.-.-.-

And dats chapter 1 done for ya. CYA!