Sidestory: Tears

Hello! It is me again! Enjoy!

-.-.-.-

Uzu had done it, after being in the Flamboyant Lotus for 4 years, Uzu had become 5 masters of the Order, second to only Iroh himself. 

"Yes! I've done it Iroh! I'm a Flamboyant Master now!" Uzu exclaimed in glee. Truly Uzu did work very hard for the position, helping others, meditating for more spiritual awareness and kicking butt in Paisho.

Now at 12 years old, Uzu was the youngest master of the Order in all of history. Iroh smiled in pride, proud that Uzu had done so well.

"It's an amazing achievement Uzu, I am very proud of you." Iroh said, Uzu smiled widely.

The next thing that Iroh said however, shocked Uzu to her very core, "In truth Uzu, after these 3 years, I've come to see you as like my own daughter. I'll say it again, I am very proud of you." Iroh said with a very warm smile, patting Uzu on the head.

What? A daughter? I... right, I was a daughter... I had a family...

Uzu, who had now been without parents for 3 years, felt water develop at the back of her eyes for the first time in over said 3 years. "I-I, really?" 

Did I really not think about them all this time? 

Iroh gave a nod, Uzu's eyes widened in realization. Then, Uzu flashed a very happy smile, tears streaming down her face, "Th-thank you Iroh, that makes me feel really flamboyant." 

Why am I so happy? What is making me feel so special? Why...?

Uzu, to Iroh's suprise, then tackled Iroh into a hug, not caring for the tears still on her face. Iroh returned the gesture, gently hugging the White haired 12 year old.

When was the last time I cried? Why didn't I cry? Who was I not to cry? Someone... please tell me...

Truthfully, Uzu had never felt happier in her life than in this moment. She hoped that her brother, mother and father were watching her now. She hoped they were just as proud of her as Iroh was.

Mother, I miss your flamboyant hugs... Father, I miss your amazing words... Uzui, I miss your flashy smile... Why? Why did you have to leave? I miss you all, I miss you like you would not believe. It's so quiet and unflamboyant without you. Please... I want to see you all one more time...

Uzu started to cry more, her tears were uncontrollable. She started to sob aswell, very loudly. Uzu felt like she could literally cry a river right now.

I... I was so alone... so lost without you guys in my life...

Uzu continued to sob, Iroh hugging her patiently until she let it all out. 

Hnnnggg... Why did I have to be alone... Why was the only one who was there for me also grieving... Why was I even born? Tell me... please...

After what felt like hours to Uzu, she finally calmed down.

No... I was never alone... even when my parents died... even when my brother Uzui died... Mai was there for me... Iroh was there for me... Iroh... Words cannot express my thankfullness...

"Iroh... thank you..." Uzu says, breaking apart from the hug.

Iroh gave a warm smile, "You are welcome, you have gone through much more than what is expected of someone your age. I was growing concerned that you were going to suffer in silence your whole life." 

"Sorry about that, I've always seen crying as unflamboyant. Yet I just let out the most Flamboyant tears of my life." Uzu said as she was wiping her tears.

"Crying is merely a form a expressing sadness, to not express emotion can leave a great strain on your spirit, there is nothing wrong with it." Iroh said wisely.

"I... can see that now, crying is as flamboyant as any other emotion. I'll keep that in mind." Uzu vowed.

"If there is one thing that you are good at Uzu, it's taking in knowledge. People say that knowledge is power, but it is a power of the mind, not the body, remember that." Iroh said. 

"I will... say Iroh?" Uzu asked.

"Yes?" Iroh responded inquistively.

"Can... can you say your proud of me again?" Uzu asked, looking pretty embarassed to be asking it.

Iroh gave a warm smile, "Of course,

I am proud of you

-.-.-.-

Wow, that was my first attempt at a really emotional scene. Lemme know how I did, I took heavy inspiration from Honzuki no Gekokujou and Kimetsu no Yaiba. Ciao!