Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

So far, marriage was an above average experience.

Being a female in a fairly unexciting house, married to the second son of the king, and living in a time of peace certainly helped Liliyana with settling in.

For the past three months, her days followed a set series of events:

Wake up to her handmaids. Get dressed and find a beautiful bouquet of flowers on a table waiting for her. Walk to Aemond's quarters (she had moved shortly after the wedding to the same tower as him). He'd already be awake, reading in his outdoor chair and waiting for her. A breakfast feast was prepared for her every morning. They'd smile and greet each other. If Liliyana was feeling brave, she'd kiss his cheek. Aemond would then pull out her chair.

"A drink before we eat?" he'd ask. She always said yes and he poured her juice. Only then, when he knew she was content, did he sit back down.

Her recent book was always placed at her seat each morning.

Liliyana learned her husband's quirks. Though he did not have many, and they were almost all subtle. Her favorite was how he sat. A large hand splayed on the table and body straight. One day, during breakfast, she reached out to hold his hand while he ate and read. His only reaction was a shuddering exhale (another quirk) and he clasped her hand tightly. She enjoyed feeling physically connected to him; he was a distant man and hard to read most days.

He had changed after the incident with his eye. For the worse, Liliyana felt. Uneasiness often crept along her skin when she managed to gain the advantage in a room--he was quick to notice her when she entered. But that awful feeling cracked and fell away when Aemond showered her with his brand of affection. He did love her...and she learned to love him. But still the uncertainty remained.

Sometimes, his aggression did have the opposite effect on her. It made her aroused. To see him capable of physical violence when sparing, or hear his cutting voice at dinner when speaking to his brother or mother. Her devoted husband was a behemoth of a man in public and a submissive kitten in private. Liliyana's favorite moments were when both personalities clashed.

It was one of those moments that led her to lose her innocence to him.

She had been tasked by her brother to bring Aemond to a meeting. According to Tyland, her husband was in a particularly disagreeable mood. The entirety of the Red Keep were well aware of the second prince's attachment to his wife, and she was often used to lure him out of his brooding moods.

Liliyana snuck down to the training grounds without issue and watched as her husband clashed with a soldier. He moved like a snake around the poor boy, sword colliding like a hammer. Something displeased Aemond greatly...

"Agh!" he yelled as he struck another blow. It brought the soldier to the ground, surrendering. "Get up!"

The supervising soldier took a nervous step forward. "My prince, this is the fourth man--"

Aemond kicked the downed man. "Get the fuck up!"

Liliyana stepped into the light, her heart pumping a mix of nerves and adrenaline throughout her body. Her knees and toes curled in her boots with pleasure. Now was not the time to be turned on--her duty right now as a wife was to make sure her husband was alright.

Aemond, who's back faced his wife, pressed his sword against the man's throat. "You defy an order from a prince, boy?"

But the boy in question was the first to notice the Lannister woman, pretty as a painting in her red and gold dress. Her husband finally turned at the distraction. The sword pressing against the soldier was lifted and he scrambled to his feet and bowed.