Sara (Extra)

Sara knew she was fucked from the moment she picked up that damn card. The word "Sacrifice" never has any good connotation. She tried to make the most of it.

Sara found the Sacrifice card while searching the paper bin, looking for torn pieces of paper to give to Gin. For a moment, she wondered if she should leave it for someone else to find, but then she turned it over and read that she'd die if someone else were to see the card after having it in her possession. She'd rather not chance it.

Sara didn't say anything to Gin. In fact, she was more eager to help him figure out that puzzle, now. Knowing she may not get the chance to solve a puzzle again in the future.

"Big sis Sara, that doesn't make any sense, woof." Gin said.

Sara paused, taking her hand off the bit of paper she had moved around. "What do you mean?"

"Meow, that line is wrong... Joe isn't a detective."

She stared at the strip of paper for a moment. "Oh." She smiled. "My bad, haha."

"The detective role has to go to the Sussy Police Officer. Then this piece would go here..." Gin started rearranging the labels for the names. Sara watched in silence. "And this one would go here. Which means this final one would go... Huh?"

The line read:

15.5% Jou Tazuna ... Murderer

Sara stared at it, confused for a moment, but then she heard someone outside of the room scream. Both her and Gin's heads snapped up.

"Woof, that sounded like big sis Nao!" Gin jumped up, grabbing the scraps of paper and shoved them in his coat pocket, and ran out of the room. Sara hurried after him.

The large door that had originally been closed was now wide open. Sara stared at the door and only noticed Gin walking towards it when it was too late.

"Gin!" She shouted. There was no reply. Again, she called for him. "...Gin!!!" And again, there was no reply. Hesitantly, she walked through the door. There seemed to be nothing waiting for her in there. It was almost similar to what had happened after her First Trial with Joe. Just an endless, dark hall. She screamed when she felt someone push her, but all that was left was nothing.

~ * ~

"The Sacrifice will only survive if they're chosen by majority vote. In that case, everyone else will die. However, the Sacrifice and one other person of their choice will live and get to leave! Isn't that wonderful?"

That would be wonderful if Sara didn't feel so guilty doing it. As soon as she heard Sue Miley say that, she made it her plan. But then she started thinking about Y/N. They hadn't known each other for long, but Sara didn't want to watch them die. Then she thought about Gin. About Kanna. About everyone. She'd have to watch them all die. See the betrayal on their faces. The blood splatter. Their cries for help. Begs for mercy.