Hesitation

Safalin stared at Ranger's unmoving head sadly.

You all had found where they'd hid Ranger's body. Gin had sniffed it out, leading you, Joe, Gin, and Nao into a strange room that had perfect replica dolls of you and some of your allies.

She stuck her hand through the top of Ranger's head and grabbed something out, turning to your group and holding it out to Joe.

"Here. This is Ranger's chip." Joe was hesitant to take it. She held it out further, "You were looking for this, right? You can use it to nullify security," She got quiet, "You'll need to find Gashu's secret room first, though. It's somewhere on this floor, but that's all I know."

"...Why are you helping us?" You asked. This was suspicious. Safalin seemed genuine, but it didn't change the fact that she was on the kidnappers side of things.

Safalin was hesitant. She opened her mouth to speak after a moment of thinking but was cut off by your tablets ringing out.

She closed her mouth and took a look at your group.

"There's not much time," She said ominously. "I don't have time to explain every single detail of every bit of help you'll get during this game, and I don't want to. I can't. The Main Game will be soon. You need to look for the room." She turned, staring at Ranger's head "Go, now."

Joe stared at her before turning and leading the group out of the dark room.

Once back in the Medical Room, you all checked your roles. You watched Joe cross his fingers when he pulled out his tablet, but he didn't look at you with joy. He just sighed, putting his tablet back in his pocket. He looked at you with an empty expression.

"The same?"

He nodded his head with a flat expression.

You wanted to frown, but you didn't want to give away his role to the others.

"Uhm," Nao spoke up timidly, "So, about that... room."

"Do you know something about it?" Joe asked.

She hesitated. It was such a short moment of hesitation, but it was hesitation nonetheless, "I might know where it's located."

"...Really?" You weren't sure. How would Nao have known?

"Yes.... Please, follow me to the Ruined Corridor."

"It's in the Ruined Corridor?" Joe asked.

"...Please, just follow me." She repeated more sternly.

Nao began to lead the way, and Joe went to follow her, but you grabbed his arm, "I don't know... about this."

Nao paused and turned to face you with a confused expression. "There's really no reason to be suspicious, Y/N. I'm... your ally. And this is the only hint we have."

Joe looked at you, "...I know it's suspicious," He whispered, "But she's right. It's all we have."

You furrowed your eyebrows. You knew he was right. He always was. He was always right and you hated that but you also admired it because he always knew what was best. "...Fine."

He whispered a quick sorry before turning and following Nao.

"...Hey, uhm... Joe..?" She spoke up once you'd made it to the corridor. She stopped, turning to face him, "Do you think you could hand me the chip?"

You saw him clench his fist with the chip inside it. "Why?"

"I want to make sure it's not broken."

"Why would it be broken?" Joe challenged, "Why would Safalin give it to us if it was broken?"