The Final Attraction

You woke up in a soft bed with warm arms wrapped around you. You opened your eyes, not to see the person holding you, but to see Sue Miley standing in the darkness of your room, setting something down.

You wanted to say something. You wanted to get up and see what she was doing, but you couldn't move.

You fell back asleep, and when you woke up again, the warm arms were gone, and so was Miley.

You cracked your eyes open to see Joe sitting on the floor, looking at some papers.

"What are you looking at?" You asked groggily. He looked up at you but didn't respond, just looking back at his papers. You rolled out of bed and took a spot next to him.

"They look familiar," Joe said. "I don't know what they mean, though."

In his hands, he held four weathered papers. He laid them out for you to see, and you read them.

"15.5% - Joe Tazuna ... HS Student

9.9% - Naomichi Kurumada ... Boxer

9.7% - Y/N L/N ... HS Student

9.5% - Keiji Shinogi ... Ex-Detective

8.8% - Q-Taro B.B ... Baseballer."

"8.2% - Shunsuke Hayasaka ... Office Worker

8.0% - Anzu Kinashi ... HS Student

7.7% - Reko Yabusame ... Singer

7.5% - Mai Tsurugi ... Baker."

"6.6% - Alice Yabusame ... Murderer

5.3% - Ranmaru Kageyama ... HS Student

4.9% - Megumi Sasahara ... Detective

3.0% - Kazumi Mishima ... HS Teacher."

"2.7% - Kanna Kizuchi ... Mid. Student

1.3% - Gin Ibushi ... Elm. Student

1.1% - Hinako Mishuku ... Mid. Student

0.0% - Shin Tsukimi ... Self-Employed."

"These look like what we had in the Main Game." You said.

"Oh! You're right!" Joe exclaimed. "But... I don't know half of these names. Also... There's only seventeen names? But the floor masters said there were twenty-one participants... Wait."

You hummed, but Joe was hesitant to continue. "What's wrong?" You asked.

He pointed at the paper with your name on it, but not at your name. At Keiji's.

"Keiji Shinogi ... Ex-Detective." He said.

You stared at the paper, but even with the information right in front of your eyes, you didn't want to believe it.

"I do remember... When we were introducing ourselves, he said he'd been in the middle of an investigation when he got abducted, but... He's not wearing a uniform." You said.

"So you're saying he's a liar?"

You looked at Joe, and his face was almost sad; As if he really wanted to believe in Keiji.

"...I can't... know for sure. I am saying, though, that he's not good at lying if he is."

~ * ~