EIGHTEEN

- CHAPTER 18 -

❝You don't have to

You don't have to.

Hogwarts, Sixth year.

THE WORLD OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY was in danger, that was for sure. Every single day, innocent people would get attacked, and even killed by the vicious death eaters.

It was terrifying for all the students, would they even be able to see their families for one last time? Many kids had already been called to the headmaster's office, where the Professor would soon break down the horrifying news to them.

"Do you reckon we'd come back next year?" asked Sirius.

"Not so sure mate, but I hope we do."

For James and Grace, every single moment was spent with gratitude. The boy had thought that they were given too less of a time, they deserved to be together for longer.

At the same time, Grace couldn't help but worry about what the future had in store for them. Along with that, the way her brother had changed made the girl feel a lot worse.

James knew how worried Grace had been, she would barely eat these past few days. The thoughts clouding her mind were eating her away like the plague, James had hated seeing the girl like this.

"I've got a surprise for you G, ready to see?"

And just like every other time, James Potter had done his absolute best to cheer the girl up. The boy knew that no matter what would be happening around them, he would always have time to make his Grace smile.

So, for hours on end, James had been preparing the room of requirements for the girl with almost no breaks in between. All on his own, might i add.

"Alright, open your eyes."

As for Grace, no one had ever done something so thoughtful for her before. This was the first time in her life where she had thought, there was no way i can live without James.

James Potter was her life saver, the boy who had brought her back to the shore when she was just about to drown. And he continued to do that, day by day.

"James i— i love it."

The room of requirements had been set up with everything the girl loved. Books, baking supplies, a piano, and so much more.

For a while, the two fooled around with nothing but innocent smiles present on their faces. It was as if nothing outside the room had existed, it was just the two of them, forever and always.

"Okay, press this key next," Grace said while hovering her fingers over his.

Currently, the girl was teaching James how to play the piano. Even though it was his absolute favourite instrument, James had always been horrible at playing it without assistance.

"I think my fingers are gonna fall off G, can we do something else?"

Grace was about to get up and grab a book when she had felt herself being pushed back into the boy's arms. Staring into his eyes, the girl could only have one thought in her mind, what did she ever do to deserve someone like him?

"James, i-i love you."

From the very beginning, James Potter had been showered with love by his parents, no matter what. They had always treated him like fragile glass, with the utmost care and affection.

When the boy had joined Hogwarts, he had met the Marauders. The group that was so dear to him, held so closely to his heart. And then there was Lily, someone who had taken his attention since the very first day.

But now, hearing those words come out of the girl's mouth, nothing could ever compare to the feelings that had arose in him right after. He felt breathless, like his body was going to fail him, were his ears deceiving him, or had the girl actually said those words out loud?

"Grace, i-i—"

"It's okay James, you don't have to."

"No, no. I love you too G, i really do."

The boy was hesitant at first, but only because he had thought that she deserved better than him. How could an angel like her, someone so kind and caring, love someone like him?

Grace could see the pain behind his eyes, she knew how much the boy had struggled with his mental health and self love. Everything that happened with Lily had made it much worse, anyone could see that.

Taking his face in her hands, Grace caressed the skin on his cheeks as delicately as she could. And after what felt like an eternity, the girl pressed her lips to his and immediately after, she could feel the sparks ignite beneath her skin.

The affect Grace had on him was indescribable, something he couldn't even explain in simple words. A single touch from the girl would send his mind into a frenzy, he couldn't think about anything but her.

Sliding her hand behind his neck, James could feel himself burn up, all around with no spot left alone. He brought the girl closer to his his body and pressed his lips even deeper into hers, no intention of letting go any time soon.

"You have no idea what you do to me G."