THIRTY-ONE

- CHAPTER 31 -

❝Don't you want your present?❞

Don't you want your present?

Hogwarts, Christmas break.

GRACE VALDEZ HAD FELT LIKE she was at peace, now that she had no ties connected to her so called family. Even though it had felt rather upsetting, it was also something that had made her feel proud of her progress.

She was not the girl that she used to be, and it was all thanks to the boy known as James Potter. He had reminded her about the things that she was capable of, and so much more.

"Grace!"

This was what she had missed, the warm embrace of the boy who had made her realise her own self worth. A feeling like no other, and a place where all her worries would eventually start to fade away.

James Potter was a saviour, and she was his healer.

"I've missed you Grace, did you miss me?"

"The castle was so empty without you James, of course i had missed you."

James Potter had been looking forward to seeing her again, it was the only thing he could think about while at the Potter Manor. His Christmas was incomplete without the girl, and he had hated it.

But he would do anything for her, even if it had included staying away from her for as long as two weeks.

"Merry Christmas G, did you get me a present?"

Grace looked at the boy with adoration present clearly on her face. He was why she had moved on so easily, her sole reason for waking up everyday.

The girl leaned forward and gave him a soft kiss, her hands caressing his cheeks with utmost care. The feeling of his lips against hers, it was something that she had missed dearly while being away from him for so long.

"Merry Christmas James, that was your present."

James looked at the girl and let out a hearty chuckle, one filled with the happiness that had been absent in him while at the Potter Manor. The slightest of things that she would do, it would make the boy smile in immense joy.

"And here i was, expecting you to gift me a house, a few cars, and maybe even a little dog," said James with a dramatic sigh.

"Don't get so ahead of yourself Potter," replied the girl with a scoff.

The one thing James had noticed, it was that Grace Valdez had become extremely confident. And watching her act so tranquil, it had made the boy puff up his chest in pride.

"Come, don't you want your present?"

James Potter had been preparing her present for days, maybe even weeks. He had wanted to give her something that she would remember, forever and more.

A gift that would also be a memory, of all the years that they had spent at Hogwarts together. And even though it wasn't a long time, it had still contained many moments that had taken a special place in his heart.

Like the first time they had met, or the first time they had kissed, it was all things that he had remembered, and thought of more times than he could count.

"Here, i hope you like it."

Grace Valdez had been shocked, to say the very least. It was a book, and it was filled with little letters written by the boy. Some pages were left empty, for the girl to fill in herself.

And along with it, was a small camera. One that was rare to buy, but easy for James Potter. He had bought it for her to take pictures, and to fill the book with.

"James, i-i love it."

The girl could feel the tears welling up in her eyes, this was the nicest thing someone had done for her, in her whole entire life. She could feel the love that was used to put it all together, it was a gift that had contained many memories that she had wanted to remember.

There was one thing Grace had realised during it all. If there was anyone in the world that she had wanted to spend her whole life with, it was James.

And for the many more years to come, Grace could see herself with the boy by her side. Even if it was an eternity, Grace would be there through it all.

"Don't cry G, come here."

A / N : Double update cause we are almost done:(((