TWENTY-SEVEN

- CHAPTER 27 -

❝He's only upset, just talk to him

He's only upset, just talk to him.

Hogwarts, Seventh year.

REMUS LUPIN HAD FELT incredibly lonely, and abandoned at the very least. His own boyfriend had pointed his finger at him, making everyone turn their eyes towards the scarred boy.

James Potter had gone after Sirius, someone he had been more close to. As for Peter Pettigrew, he was known as their shadow, a boy who had thought of James as his idol.

And out of it all, Remus Lupin had been left alone. Even though the boys would take their time and effort to make him smile, it had felt forced.

"Just talk to him Moony, i'm sure he didn't mean it."

"I'm not going to him James, if he's not coming to me."

Throughout it all, Grace Valdez had remained completely silent. Not interfering in the middle of it all, not until she had noticed how downcast Remus had actually looked.

She could see herself in the boy, the emotions on his face were the exact same as the ones she had on hers, after her breakup with her two friends. A look of distress, betrayal and fear, all in one.

"Remus, are you okay?"

That was all it took for the boy to breakdown, a small word of comfort. The tears rolling down his face were enough to tell his whole story, he was a lone wolf.

Like he had always been, from the very beginning.

"Hey, come here."

Grace pulled the crying boy closer to her chest, hoping that even the smallest of her efforts would create a big impact. She had barely seen the taller boy show such feelings before, it was shocking to see him be so vulnerable.

"H-He hates me Grace, he hates me."

"What? Remus, he doesn't hate you. He never has, and he never will."

Anger is something that only destroys, it never helps. To talk while you're angry is like to walk on coal while its hot, you're only harming yourself and nobody else.

"He's only upset, just talk to him."

"I've tried Grace, i've tried my best. But he won't listen, he never does."

Stubbornness, it was the one trait Sirius Black had gotten from his horrible family. Even if it was his fault at times, Sirius Black would never apologise out of his own accord.

And now, fighting with Remus for so long, Sirius had forced himself to look the other way for as long as he could. But his love for Remus, it was much more overpowering than he had thought.

"Padfoot, you've got to stop mate. You're hurting Remus, don't you see it?"

"He made me look like one of them Prongs, he pointed his finger at me!"

The only thought on the boy's mind was that even if it was just for a second, Remus had thought of him the Black's oldest son, and not as his Sirius, his Padfoot.

And when it was the time for the full moon, Remus had prepared himself to spend the night alone, just like old times. Only this time, the pain had went a lot deeper than it usually would.

The boy's shouts of pain were the only thing heard in the creaky room, something Hogwarts hadn't heard for a long time now. When the Marauders would accompany Remus in the shrieking shack, he would barely be able to focus on his own pain due to his friends distractions.

"Remus?"

The black haired boy took in the wounded form of his boyfriend, tearing up the moment he had locked his eyes with him. Remus Lupin had looked scared, and incredibly lonely.

"Sirius, you came."

"I'm sorry Moony, i'm so sorry."

Sirius Black pressed a soft kiss on the injured boy's forehead, one of the many more he had given to him as acts of comfort. Even his presence alone was enough for Remus, his arms rubbing across his back doing much more than he had thought of it.

"Please don't leave me, i love you."