chapter three ─ terror has struck again

act one , chapter three

act one , chapter three ... terror
has struck again !

( spring , nineteen ninety-six ! )

── ✧ ──

PRESS ... EVERYWHERE ...

SIDNEY AND MACDUFF COULD BARELY get through the crowd. It was always packed during early hours of school, but it was nothing like this. There were cameramen, camerawomen, newscasters. It was like every new station was at Woodsboro High School. Macduff didn't even remember the last time the school has something like this. Well. . . Other than the deaths of Ophelia, Maureen, and Kevin. Everyone had been interviewed at that point in time, and they still hadn't caught the killers that were doing this. Macduff couldn't help but to think. What if the killers cake back after a year? He didn't know. And honestly, he didn't want to think about it. Both Sidney and Macduff walked aimlessly in confusion, talking to each other as they had to practically push their way so that they could get into the school. The blonde tried to listen in for some chatter, find out what was going on. But it was too much for him. Everyone talking at the same time. Walking through the crowd, he finally turned.

Tatum Riley, who just had tapped on Sidney's shoulder, now walking with the other two. "This is bad. . ."

"Tatum! What the hell is going on?" Sidney asked the other blonde.

"Wait, you guys don't know?" Tatum asked, with the other two shaking their heads.

"No? What happened? What's going on?" Macduff questioned.

"Casey Becker and Steve Orth were killed last night."

"No way," Sidney gasped.

"Not just killed, you guys," Tatum started, "We're talking splatter movie-killed. Split open from end to end."

"Jesus Christ. . ." Macduff muttered.

"Casey Becker, she sits next to me in English class," Sidney told Tatum.

"Steve Orth sits next to me in Math. . ." Macduff chimed in.

"Not anymore," Tatum said back to them, "Her parents? They found her hanging from a tree. Her insides on the outside."

"Oh, my god. . ." Sidney gasped.

"Do they know who did it?" Macduff questioned.

"Clueless," Tatum answered, "They're interrogating everyone, teachers, students. . ."