chapter nine ─ the haunting of ophelia (part two)

act one , chapter nine

act one , chapter nine ... the
haunting of ophelia (part two) !

( spring , nineteen ninety-six ! )

( now playing ... breaking
the girl ─ red hot chili peppers ! )

── ✧ ──

IT WAS NOW LATER IN THE NIGHT. THE WIND WAS blowing a little bit stronger than it was a couple of hours ago. Now thirty past midnight and Stu Macher has already been asleep, undisturbed. The blonde had no idea what was coming after him. He didn't expect anything but to sleep peacefully at night. But if Billy needed to hear her message, than so did the second killer. Although Billy was the mastermind and believe it, the ghost that was going to haunt Stu knew that he would fall for it. Maybe even take a little bit more caution than the other male had. But right now, the blonde who was in his bed slept like a rock. Barely any movement. His window closed shut. But that wasn't going to be a problem for the ghost of the second oldest McKinnon. She had her ways, just like the other two had theirs. But if she didn't scare Billy, she knew that she would definitely scare Stu. He was going to be out of his mind in the eyes of Billy Loomis.

Another crash was heard from inside the house. Like someone had knocked over a glass, breaking it. This made Stu open his eyes slightly, half asleep. His parents hadn't been here. Instead they had been on vacation and he was in charge of house sitting for a while. But, he dismissed the noise, closing his eyes again.

Not even five minutes later, another sound was heard. This time, a louder crash. This made Stu practically jolt out of bed. The male looked around for a moment, not wanting to go downstairs just yet. But he eventually stood up from the bed, grabbing something to attack with just in case someone had been in his house.

"Put it down. . . NOW. . ."

That same voice that had been talking to Billy a couple hours prior was now speaking to the blonde. The male looked around, dumbfounded.

"What the hell. . .?" He asked himself.

He was about to walk out of the room, but then, the door shut. Stu jumped back, his anxiety running up. He didn't like this. Not one bit. And he thought someone had snuck into his house to try and play some sort of prank on him. It wasn't funny. He wasn't laughing, and Stu was the one for joking around.

I am a man cut from the know
Rarely do friends come and then go

"You don't think it's funny now, DO YOU?"

Stu kept looking around. He had been spinning at this point. He was paranoid, like someone was about to attack him at any moment. And he didn't deserve to have the same fate as the others that were killed. He wasn't having it.

"What do you want?" He asks.

"What I want? WHAT I WANT? IS VENGEANCE!"

Another crash, this time of thunder. And then the bloody figure appears in front of him. Stu took one good look at her. Then he knew. He knew what was going on here. Well, he didn't exactly know, but he knew that he was being haunted, which was so strange. He didn't think that ghosta existed. Did they exist? How did Ophelia manage to bleed in this world.

"Ophelia?"

"Ah, you remember my name," Ophelia says to him, "Surprised that you would even refer to me by my name."

"But you're. . . You're dead. How are you here? In my house?" Stu asks.

"I am in your mind. I am your guilty conscience," Ophelia told him, "I will always be here as long as you live."

"Guilty conscience my ass. . ." Stu mutters, "Killing people is fun."

"Not until you end up like ME," Ophelia tells him angrily, another thunder crash, which makes Stu jump once again.

"What do you want from me? Why are you here?" Stu questioned.

She was a girl, soft but estranged
We were the two our lives rearranged

"You, shall take heed to my warning," Ophelia says to him, "Your friend, your partner did not believe me. So you, Stu Macher, shall put this in your mind."

"Warning?"

"Yes, my warning," Ophelia told him as she walked around his room, "Beware, oh beware, your surroundings. People may be onto you."

"Onto me? No way," Stu laughed, "No one knows it's us."

"Oh, but they will," Ophelia seethes, "Beware Desdemona! For her words are sharp like knives, her writing shall come to life right before everyone's eyes. Watch your back, Macher."

Stu completely blew her off at first, not believing it. "C'mon! Desdemona graduated a long time ago!"

"But words that are meaningless shall do no harm to you, Macher," Ophelia explained, "But Mona has a way with words that'll surely strike. You will surely be conflicted with yourself, and with the peers that are around you."

"What does this even mean?" Stu asks, clearly confused.

"Gosh, you are an idiot like everyone says you are," Ophelia scoffs.

"Hey!" Stu said with a frown on his face.

"That is what I mean, idiot. The words of others will seem harsh to you. Everyone around you is going to speak of you. You will be afraid to go around school," Ophelia tells him, walking toward him, "You? Will die knowing that they hated a murderer like you!"

Another crash of thunder is sent this way, and the lightning shows her face, but the light quickly goes away. The bloody figure stood before the terrified Stu, looking up at his scared face gave her nothing but satisfaction.

"Your death will be much more painful than Loomis's. Yours might not be as bloody but it sure as hell will put you through misery. You will suffer."

Feeling so good that day
A feeling of love that day

"That can't possibly be true, Billy says─"

"Billy doesn't CARE about you. Not one bit, Macher," Ophelia told him, "You are only his. . . Decoy! He is going to frame you."

Stu could only shake his head at her news. The male didn't believe this. This vision, this ghost. He didn't know what was going on but he certainly didn't like it. He didn't know what was going on right now.

"No. . ." Stu says quietly, shaking his head, "I don't believe you."

"Your downfall is near. Revenge is near. The Mckinnons will beat you and Billy down," Ophelia says, "And you will regret being his partner."

Another crash was sent their way, and before Stu knew it, the figment of his imagination was gone. The bloody figure has disappeared. She was nowhere in sight. The male couldn't help but to back up, sitting on his bed once his leg hit it. But instead of going back to sleep, he stayed up.

Stu didn't know what to do. But he was definitely going to tell Billy about this when they plan another murder.