chapter five ─ gutting a little too much

act one , chapter five

act one , chapter five ...
gutting a little too much !

( spring , nineteen ninety-six ! )

( now playing ... even
flow ─ pearl jam ! )

── ✧ ──

AT LEAST MACDUFF GOT A LITTLE BIT OF peace being with some of his friends. Even though he still couldn't help but think about things like the press being everywhere, but he tried to ignore it. He tried to focus on what was more important to him. Of course finding Ophelia's killer would be very important, but until he knew that, he wanted to be with people who eased his mind. But right now? It seemed like even around his friends, he really couldn't escape. They had still been talking about it. Macduff couldn't escape it. Nor could Sidney or Alvin. Because of this whole thing with Casey and Steve, they really couldn't get out of the way. And people talked about them more and more. Whispers carried within the halls everywhere they went. It was strange. But that's what happened when Ophelia died. He couldn't escape it. It has only slowed down recently. And it was like everything started back again as if it was cooling down. That was the worst part about it. It was a carousel ride. One that he couldn't get off of.

Right now, currently sitting on the fountain, Sidney, Billy, Tatum, and Stu. And along with Macduff, Gil, Joey and Alvin, were just talking. Macduff and Sidney we're pretty much silent, listening at the conversation that was currently going on. One that he didn't really want to be involved in. And it looked like Sidney or Alvin didn't wanted to talk about it either.

"Hunt? Why would they ask if you like to hunt?" Tatum asked.

"I dunno, they just did," Stu answered, before looking at Macduff, "Did they ask you that, man?"

"Yeah. . . They did."

"But why?" Tatum asked

"Because their bodies were gutted," Randy replied.

"Randy. . ." Alvin muttered, slightly irritated tone, "Not now, please."

Freezin'
Rest his head on a pillow made
of concrete again

Oh, feelin'
Maybe he'll see a little better, set
of days, ooh, yeah

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt," Tatum told them.

"Because there's no way a girl could've killed them," Stu told her.

"That is so sexist, the killer could easily be female─ Basic Instinct," Tatum explained.

"That was an ice pick. Not exactly the same," Randy says.

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out," Stu replied, "Takes a man to do something like that."