chapter eleven ─ suspicious, suspicious

act one , chapter eleven

act one , chapter eleven ...
suspicious, suspicious !

( spring, nineteen ninety-six ! )

── ✧ ──

IT WAS LIKE MACDUFF HAD TO WATCH HIS BACK. Billy Loomis had been giving him this glare all day. He didn't know why, he didn't know what he did. But he was being watched by him and he did not like that. In the classes they had, and at lunch. It made Macduff wonder a little bit. And it was definitely freaking him out. The second youngest Mckinnon knew that Billy had something to hide. He just had that look to him. But today? It had been very evident. Ever since Gil was finally let out due to evidence, he had been watching the both of them intensely. Macduff wasn't really worried about himself, he was more worried about Gil than anything else. It was his second day back at school and anyone who wasn't a friend was looking at him like he did not commit the murders. He knew that had to suck, and he knew Gil needed a friend, which was why their small little subgroup of them (Sid, Joey, Macduff, Gil, and Alvin), were going to be there for him. But right now, the glare that Billy was giving Macduff in the English class that he had with Gil and Joey spooked him.

Currently reading the copy of Macbeth, he slightly shifted in his seat because he was uncomfortable. The blonde turned one of the pages, trying to concentrate. But he couldn't help but to glance over at Billy once again, and he was still glaring at him. He didn't know what Billy's deal was. He didn't even know how to confront him about it. And he didn't plan to. Not yet, anyways.

Joey tapped on the blonde's shoulder, which made him look up from the book. "Hm?"

"What's with Loomis, man? Why does he keep staring?" Joey whispered over to him.

Macduff gave a shrug. "Dunno, man. But it's creeping me out. It's making me uncomfortable," He answered quietly.

"I think you should say something?"

"Me? No. I don't feel like dealing with his bullshit right now."

"Fuck him. He needs to learn that staring is rude," Joey tells the other.

"Well, I don't want any conflict. I don't need him getting me into trouble," Macduff explained to him, "Besides, eventually he'll get bored."

"God, you're so unconfrontational," Joey tells him, "Just speak up about it. Tell him to stop."

Macduff just shrugged it off. "I'm sure he'll eventually get bored and stop."

"It's Billy Loomis, man. If he's staring, he's got a problem with you," Joey explained to him, "And Billy Loomis has a problem with me, you, and Gil. And I just know he has it out for Sid. . ."