𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ~ Seven Hells

Six years later on Dragonstone. Two months after the Princess Daenaena's 15th name day.

   "Well done Princess Daenaena. You have become an excellent rider." the dragon keeper exclaimed as Daenaera finished her flight lesson. After months of practising, the princess had finally perfected moving from one of her dragons to another during flight.
"Thank you, teacher. I must be going now." replied the Princess.
"Would you like me to keep your dragons here, Princess Daenaera? Only so they can spend some time with the other dragons."
"If they wish to stay, they will." answered the Princess. Veraxes and Vhalor did not wish to stay. They never did.

~

   As the Princesses' two white dragons were almost full grown they could no longer follow their cherished rider into the castle. So Daenaera spent most of her time outside. She had been sitting under a tree on a bed of blankets with a bard sitting on the opposite side of the tree singing to her when her two younger brothers ran over to her panting. Jacaerys followed behind at a slower pace. and he was obviously less exhausted.
"Mother, she- she wants you," said Lucerys, between gasps.
"And you ran all the way from where to tell me this?" Daenaera questioned as she closed her book and examined her brothers.
"From the war room, Dae. They decided it would be fun to race," answered Jacaerys, smiling at Luce and Joffrey. Daenaera ordered the bard to stop playing before standing and taking her eldest brother's arm.

   "Did mother say why she wants me?" the Princess asked as she and her brother began walking to the war room. Lucerys and Joffrey were left playing in the courtyard, bickering over what song to make the bard play. Veraxes and Vhalor flew overhead and Dae gave them the command to stay.
"No, but if I were to guess..." Jace trailed off, looking at Dae almost as if he was asking for her permission.
"Go on, tell me."
"It could have something to do with the fact you will be of age in less than a year and you haven't even begun looking at suitor-"
The Princess interrupted her brother. "She's going to send me on a tour, isn't she?"
"Well, it could be a good experience." As Jacaerys finished his sentence, Dae spun and stood in front of him, preventing him from walking away.
"You can't let her make me go, Jace. Dragonstone is my home. My castle. You will become king, Luce will become lord of the tides and I will become Princess of Dragonstone."
Jacaerys raised a hand to silence his sister before speaking, "You will be my han-"
Dae grabbed at his shoulders, desperation filling her red eyes and usually calm voice.
"Don't let her make me leave. Please, Jace. I'd rather travel all seven hells than go on a tour just to look at random men I do not know. Anywhere else will make me lock up my dragons. I'll be alone and unsafe. Please brother."
"I- Dae, if mother makes this decision there is nothing I can do to change her mind. I'll do my best, but it's not my choice to make." Daenaera nodded, letting her hands slide around Jace's neck.
"Thank you," she murmured as he pulled her into a hug and rested his head upon hers.

~

   The two eldest children of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon walked into the war room arm in arm.  Rhaenyra saw them and nodded at the boy.
"Jacaerys, thank you. You may leave now."
"No," the Princess Daenaera grabbed her brother's arm as he turned to leave. "I'd like Jace to stay. He is older than me, he deserves to hear whatever it is you are to tell me."

   Her mother and father looked at each other, and Laenor nodded.
"Well, you are soon to be of age, Daenaera, and your father and I think you should begin contemplating marriage." Daenaera squeezed her brother's arm, silently begging for support. "We thought, your father and I, that you might consider the idea of going on a tour of the seven kingdoms. So you may choose a suitor for yourself. Someone you love, rather than a political alliance."
"If you wanted me to marry for love, you wouldn't be making me rush into it as soon as I come of age." spat Daenaera, regretting it the moment she finished speaking.
"Surely suitors could travel here to present themselves to Daenaera? It would be a show of their devotion to her."
"Jacaerys, that would be a wonderful idea if Daenaera were my heir. But she is not, so she must travel."
"She does not want to leave Dragonstone. It is her home, as it will be forever. When I become king, Dae and her family will live here."
"Unless you plan you dispose of your own mother, that will not be for a very long time."
Rhaenyra's last remark made Jacaerys stand down and give an apologetic look to Daenaera.
"So it is settled then? The Princess Daenaera will leave for her tour in a week," announced Laenor. They were the first words he had spoken since the children had entered the room, and the last as Daenaera ran out immediately after he said them.

~

The Princess ran and ran until she reached her dragons, who were settled quietly on the bridge that connected the castle to the rest of Dragonstone. Veraxes saw her, shook her wings then roared to wake Vhalor.

Seconds later they were in the air, Daenaera sat upon the mount on Veraxes' back with Vhalor flying ahead. After a few minutes of flying a red and green dragon appeared beside her.
"Did you have to run off like that, Dae? You've only scared mother." spoke her favourite brother.
"She deserves to be scared." huffed Daenaera.
"Come on, we're to miss dinner if we stay out here much longer."

They headed back to the castle, Daenaera sulking the whole way.

~

A week later Daenaera and her family stood on the beach of Dragonstone, her ship out at sea and a small row boat upon the sand.

"Do you have to leave?" asked Joffrey, looking up at his sister.
"I do," Daenaera bent down so her face was level with his, "but I promise I will bring a gift for you when I return."
The young Prince beamed and hugged his sister before running back to his mother. Daenaera looked at Lucerys and said goodbye to him.
"You stay safe, my sweet boy. You'll be a man when I come home."
"I don't want to be a man, Dae."
"And I do not want to be a woman, Luce, but we take what we are given and do our best with it." Daenaera pulled Lucerys into a tight hug, stroking his hair and placing a kiss on his forehead before turning to her older brother.
"If, at any point during your trip, you feel unsafe or want to come home, just send me a raven. I will come to you. I am sorry I couldn't convince mother to let you stay-" Jacaerys was suddenly grabbed and pulled into a fierce hug which he quickly returned. "I'll come to meet you when you return
to Kings Landing. To bring you home."
"Thank you, Jace," Daenaera whispered before releasing her brother.

As Princess Daenaera's rowboat was pushed out to sea, her three brothers stood with their boots in the ocean watching her leave. When she raised her hand to wave goodbye to the only family she had ever known, her youngest brother ran into the ocean towards her, only to be held back by Jacaerys. The sight of her brothers all standing together brought tears to her eyes.