𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 ~ Kings Landing

10 months later in Kings Landing. 7 weeks before the Princess Daenaera's 16th name day.

"You do know arriving late to a feast being held in your honour is impolite, right Princess?"
"Yes, Ser Snow, I am aware. But it is rather difficult when you do not know when the feast is beginning." Daenaera replied, hoicking up her skirts so she could run faster. Her new northern knight, Ser Kennat Snow, saw her struggling and picked her up. He carried her nearly the whole way to the throne room of the Red Keep.

  As they reached the doors to the throne room, Ser Kennat placed his Princess on the floor and bent to smooth her dress out.
"Thank you, Ken." said the Princess.
"You're very welcome, my Princess. I will be next to your table if you need me." Ser Snow announced before slipping through the miniature door at the side of the hallway. Daenaera took a deep breath before nodding to the guards on either side of the main doors.

~

6 weeks earlier in Winterfell.

Ser Kennat Snow had come to the Princess Daenaera during her time in Winterfell, where she was being hosted by Lord Cregan Stark. He was Lord Starks bastard half-brother, as well as a trained and experienced knight.

After Lord Stark had banned Kennat from offering the Princess his hand, as it was "unbecoming of a Princess to marry a bastard," he offered his sword instead. Princess Daenaera had originally said that she did not need a sworn protector as she had two dragons, but she excepted after much contemplation and knighted Kennat Snow as her sworn sword.

Immediately after she had knighted Ser Snow, she sent the knight her mother had ordered to come with her home.
"But Princess, your mother sent me-"
"Good Ser, I know what my mother ordered you to do, but I am now changing your orders. You must go back to Dragonstone and give this letter to my mother, and this one to the Prince Jacaerys. I trust none else with the contents of these envelopes."
The letter to her mother only explained that she had chosen her own protector and that he was Lord Stark's brother. The one to her brother asked if it would be possible if he could be in kings landing a month early, as Daenaera had decided she did not want to travel to Dorne only to travel northwards again. They were arguably not important but the Princess really wanted the knight to leave.

~

"The Princess Daenaera of House Velaryon. Daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, the Heir to the iron throne, and Prince consort Leanor Velaryon. Granddaughter of The King Viserys of House Targaryen. Rider of-" Daenaera raised a hand to silence the announcer, just as her two dragons walked into the room behind her. She began to descend the flight of stairs, Vhalor following close behind and Veraxes still standing in the doorway.
"Māzīs," commanded the Princess. Her two dragons crawled through the room and lay next to the table as Daenaera sat down, not looking at who was next to her. She nodded to her grandfather, as a signal for him to begin his speech. When he was done the feast began.

"So, Daenaera, have you found any suitors you liked so far?" asked Princess Helaena, Daenaera's aunt.
"Well, when I was in the Eyrie I considered marriage with Lady Jayne's cousin just so I could stay and admire their views forever," Daenaera replied with a smile.
"You considered the Arryn boy? What's his name? Jegan?"
The Princess's head whipped around in the direction of the voice, the man sat on her left. When she saw the sky-blue eye of her Uncle, Daenaera's heart stopped. The Princess had not seen Aemond Targaryen since the night her brother took his eye. In the nearly 7 years since that night, Aemond had grown from a timid and cowardly boy to a handsome man, who used his scars as shields. It took her a few seconds before she could reply.
"Ser Joffrey, Uncle. Cregan is the Lord of Winterfell, and my sworn protector's brother." retaliated Daenaera.
"Your guard is the Stark bastard?"
Upon hearing the dreaded phrase, Ser Snow strolled over and stood behind the Princess, leaning to whisper in her ear, "Would you like me to chop his head off Princess?"
"I would very much like that, but I don't know how my grandsire would react." replied the Princess. Ser Snow nodded and strode back to his station. Daenaera then turned towards Helaena and asked about her pregnancy.

~

   Nearing the end of the feast, after everyone had finished eating and were either dancing or drinking merrily, a roar came from the side of the room where Princess Daenaera's dragons say. The noise had come from Veraxes, who was now standing and growling at those who stood too close to her. Daenaera apologised to the lord she had been dancing with, strolled over to her white and red dragon and spoke to her.
"Lykiri. Lykiri Veraxes. Henujagon." she murmured. Then, as the smaller of her dragons began to crawl towards the gigantic wooden doors, she commanded, "Open the doors!"
The guards on either door rushed to push them open, fearing what the dragon would do if they didn't. The people who had been dancing ran to either side of the room to clear a path for Veraxes. Once she had left, Daenaera sat back down and told the musician to continue their songs.

   A while later another roar was heard, but this time it came from outside the castle. Both Vhalor and Daenaera stood when they heard it, and the Princess walked over to her grandsire. After saying why she was leaving and giving him a kiss on the cheek, Daenaera left with Vhalor following close behind. She could hear the footsteps of someone coming after her but assumed it was Ser Kennat and continued walking.

~

   After finding Veraxes in the dragon pit, laying a difficult clutch of eggs, the Princess sat next to her and stroked her dragon. Footsteps could still be heard, and Daenaera thought nothing of it until she saw who they belonged to.
"It's rude to leave a feast before the king, Daenaera," said Aemond, announcing his presence. A hostile look appeared on the Princess's face
"Leave us be Aemond. Veraxes is laying and she needs peace." Ignoring the Princess's order, Aemond knelt at Veraxes' nose and produced an unusually large pouch from beneath his cloak. Inside the pouch was a piece of meat. Veraxes lifted her nose, sniffing the meat. Seconds later the meat was in the air and then in the dragon's mouth. The Princess gasped.
"What was that?" she exclaimed.
"Lamb. Covered in dragon nip. It will help with her pain."
"I-" Daenaera had been about to get angry with Aemond, but she glanced at her dragon and saw how she had calmed. Instead, she continued with, "Thank you, Uncle."
"It wasn't for you. I've seen both Dreamfyre and Vhagar lay difficult clutches and it's always helped them."

Daenaera and Aemond sat with Veraxes, almost all night, as she laid her eggs. It was only her second clutch ever so it was bound to be difficult, but hers was worse than most. The pair of sliver-haired teenagers kept exchanging glances, never making eye contact but almost always looking. Eventually, Daenaera fell asleep, curled in a ball on the hard floor of the dragon pit. Aemond left her for a while then returned with pillows and blankets. He gently lifted the Princess's head to place the pillow beneath it, then wrapped the blanket around her, trying his hardest to get it beneath her without waking her or touching her too much. After he was sure Daenaera wouldn't become cold he relaxed.
"Goodnight Daeny."