Ch. 12: Quidditch Match

On November 7th, it was time for the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin. The students were watching as Slytherin was at a huge advantage over Gryffindor because of their new broomsticks. Mid-game, we all watched as a Bludger streaked straight towards Harry's head, interrupting whatever argument him and Draco were having. He managed to avoid it before it stopped and made its way back toward Harry.

"Blimey, Harry's got 'imself a rogue Bludger," I heard Hagrid say from beside me.

"Rogue Bludger?" Ron asked.

"Look for yourself. It's been tampered with," Hagrid said as Harry zoomed around, trying to avoid the Bludger that was clearly following him.

Ron drew his wand, and Hermione and I both pushed his hand down.

"Are you trying to hurt someone?" I asked in disbelief.

"Even with a proper wand, it's too risky. You could hit Harry," Hermione said as Ron reluctantly put away his wand.

I watched as Harry continued to avoid the Bludger until Malfoy flew up to Harry as Harry stopped for a moment. Suddenly, Harry charged straight at Malfoy, who dodged out of the way. I then realized Harry was chasing the Golden Snitch as Malfoy, after getting over his temporary shock, zoomed after Harry. Then, him, Malfoy, and the Bludger disappeared as I heard the sound of what sounded like wood being busted into pieces over and over again. Out of nowhere, Malfoy came into sight again, flying in the air without a broom before landing in the middle of the pitch.

Harry reappeared shortly after, and it seemed like the Bludger was no longer following him. As he reached out, it seemed he had grabbed something, but he ended up landing onto the pitch, seeming unable to steady himself. A loud crack could be heard as he hit the ground. Suddenly, the Bludger came into view again as Hermione, Ron, a few other people, and I came rushing onto the field, and Hermione drew her wand.

"Finite Incantatem!" she said, pointing her wand at the Bludger, and it stopped mid-air before hitting the ground hard.

Gilderoy Lockhart, out of nowhere, bent down over Harry.

"Not to worry, Harry. I'll fix that arm of yours straight away," Lockhart said.

"No... no... not you," Harry said, each word seeming pained and hard to get out.

"Poor boy doesn't know what he's saying. This won't hurt a bit," Lockhart said as he started to wave his wand.

"Professor, I think you should leave that to-" I started as he ignored me, finishing whatever spell he was trying. "Madam Pomfrey."

Everyone then seemed horrified as Harry's arm went limp, and Lockhart folded his wrist and was able to touch his hand to his arm. It seemed like the bones had been completely removed, causing everyone to gasp.

"Ah. Yes. Well, that can sometimes happen. The point is, the bones are no longer broken," Lockhart said through nervous laughter.

"Broken? He doesn't have any bones at all!" Hagrid said in disbelief.

Later, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I were all in the hospital wing as Madam Pomfrey poured Harry a glass of Skele-Gro, which is supposed to regrow the bones.

"He should have been brought straight to me!" Madam Pomfrey said. "I can mend bones in a heartbeat, but growing them back-"

"You will be able to, won't you?" Hermione asked.

"I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful. You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is nasty business," Madam Pomfrey said as Harry went to take a drink of the Skele-Gro before immediately spitting it out. "Well, what did you expect, pumpkin juice?"

Out of nowhere, there was a flash. Colin Creevey somehow managed to get to us without anyone realizing.

"That was brilliant today, Harry! Brilliant!" Colin said.

"Out! All of you! This boy's got thirty-three bones to regrow!" Madam Pomfrey said, and we all said our goodbyes to Harry before leaving the hospital wing

As Hermione, Ron, and I were making our way back to the Common Room, Ron seemed annoyed.

"That pompous git! If Lockhart wasn't so full of himself, Harry wouldn't have to be lying in the hospital wing right now for who knows how long!" Ron said.

To my surprise, Hermione said nothing about this, and the look on her face told me she felt the same. I had to stop myself from smiling at this.

"You're right, Ron. He just ignored me when I tried to suggest Harry go to Madam Pomfrey instead," I said with the same annoyed tone. "I tried to give him a chance, but he clearly doesn't know what he's doing."

"How did they let someone like him become a teacher?" Ron asked.

"They probably didn't have much of a choice," Hermione said, to both of our surprise. "After all, no one really wants to take that position after Quirrell."

The next day, we heard about the attack on Colin, who was now petrified in the hospital wing. We all decided it was best to get started on the Polyjuice Potion as soon as possible. The day Harry was allowed to leave the hospital wing, we did just that.

We were all sitting in a girls' bathroom, sitting around a cauldron as Hermione and I were both adding ingredients to it while Harry and Ron watched, Harry talking about how Dobby visited him in the hospital wing and how Dobby was the one who sent the Bludger after him. He also told us how Dobby, and Dumbledore, when he was bringing Colin to the hospital wing, both talked about this not being the first time the Chamber had been opened.

"Again? You mean this has happened before?" Hermione asked after Harry had told us Dumbledore's words.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it," Ron said.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure," Hermione said.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavoratory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked.

"Never. No one ever comes in here," Hermione said.

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione said.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked.

Suddenly, a ghost of a girl comes racing out of the wall with a screech and stops dead in front of Ron.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle," Myrtle spoke. "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?"

After this, Myrtle sobbed loudly before diving headfirst into a toilet.

"She's a little sensitive," Hermione whispered as the rest of us sat there in shock, now realizing exactly why no one came in there.