1. Diagon Alley

This is the first of many chapters so I hope you will enjoy this story :) 

It was a warm summer's day in June. A light breeze swept in the air as an owl's wings beat against it. In it's talon's it held two yellow stained letters. It's destination was a small manor house in the distance that seemed to be drawing ever close with each flap of it's wings.

As the manor drew ever closer the owl released the letters from it's talons to shoot down the chimney before gliding out of a fireplace and into the lap of someone sat in a chair.

A pair of wrinkled hands reached down to pick up the letters from their lap as they turned them over to read the names upon them. The owner of these hands was an elderly woman with a drawn look upon her face.

"So it is that time..." She said to herself quietly. She then turned her head towards a door. "Atticus! Y/n!" She called out loudly.

A few moments later two young boys each with brown hair entered the room.

"Yes Grandmother?" Y/n asked.

"You both have letters." She told the boys.

"More birthday cards is it?" Atticus asked rolling his eyes as he took the letter addressed to him now.

Y/n was more polite and curious however as he took his own letter.

Both Y/n and Atticus looked at their letters and turned them over to open them. Sat on the envelope opening was a red wax crest that both boys immediately recognised as the symbol for the wizarding school known as Hogwarts.

With much delight both boys opened their letters now and took them out.

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress." Atticus read out loud.

Y/n looked at his letter now to see it said the same thing. Y/n smiled with excitement, ever since he had been young it had been his dream to be a wizard. He unfolded a second piece of paper in the envelope now and began to read it.

'HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM:

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS:

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander