21. The Rogue Bludger

Thank you all for 50K!!! I'm moving uploads to Friday for bit to see if it helps out.

Since the disastrous episode of the pixies, Professor Lockhart had not brought live creatures to class. Instead, he read passages from his books to them. Y/n never paid attention to them however choosing instead to read from his own Defence Against the Dark Arts textbooks.

Sometimes Lockhart reenacted some of the more dramatic bits of his books. He usually picked Harry to help him with these reconstructions. so far, Harry had been forced to play a simple Transylvanian villager whom Lockhart had cured of a Babbling Curse, a yeti with a head cold, and a vampire who had been unable to eat anything except lettuce since Lockhart had dealt with him.

Harry was hauled to the front of the class during their very next Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, this time acting a werewolf. Y/n had to remind him that they had a very good reason for keeping Lockhart in a good mood, otherwise Harry would have refused to do it.

"Nice loud howl, Harry, exactly and then, if you'll believe it, I pounced...like this...slammed him to the floor, thus with one hand, I managed to hold him down and with my other, I put my wand to his throat. I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm, he let out a piteous moan, go on, Harry, higher than that...good. The fur vanished, the fangs shrank and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."

The bell rang and Lockhart got to his feet.

"Homework, compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!"

The class began to leave. Harry returned to the back of the room, where Y/n, Ron and Hermione were waiting.

"Ready?" Harry muttered to them.

"Wait till everyone's gone." said Hermione nervously.

Y/n looked over his shoulder as watched the last student leave the room. "All right...It is clear." He told Hermione.

Hermione approached Lockhart's desk, a piece of paper clutched tightly in her hand, Y/n, Harry and Ron right behind her.

"Er...Professor Lockhart?" Hermione stammered. "I wanted to...to get this book out of the library. Just for background reading." She held out the piece of paper, her hand shaking slightly. "But the thing is, it's in the Restricted Section of the library, so I need a teacher to sign for it...I'm sure it would help me understand what you say in Gadding with Ghouls about slow acting venoms..."

"Ah, Gadding with Ghouls!" said Lockhart, taking the note from Hermione and smiling widely at her. "Possibly my very favorite book. You enjoyed it?"

"Oh, yes." said Hermione eagerly. "So clever, the way you trapped that last one with the tea strainer..."

Y/n just rolled his eyes at the exchange.

"Well, I'm sure no one will mind me giving the best student of the year a little extra help." said Lockhart warmly, and he pulled out an enormous peacock quill. "Yes, nice, isn't it?" he said, misreading the revolted look on Ron's face. "I usually save it for book signings."

He scrawled an enormous loopy signature on the note and handed it back to Hermione.

"So, Harry." said Lockhart, while Hermione folded the note with fumbling fingers and slipped it into her bag. "Tomorrow's the first Quidditch match of the season, I believe? Gryffindor against Slytherin, is it not? I hear you're a useful player. I was a Seeker, too."