14. The Burrow.

We have reached 30k in reads everyone thank you!

"Ron, Y/n." breathed Harry, creeping to the window and pushing it up so they could talk through the bars. "Ron, Y/n, how did you...? What the...?" Harry's mouth fell open as the full impact of what he was seeing hit him. Ron was leaning out of the back window of an old turquoise car, which was parked in midair. Grinning at Harry from the front seats were Fred and George, Ron's elder twin brothers and behind Ron was Y/n who was waving with a smile.

"All right, Harry?" asked George.

"What's been going on?" said Ron. "Why haven't you been answering mine and Y/n's letters? I've asked you to stay about twelve times, and then Dad came home and said you'd got an official warning for using magic in front of Muggles."

"It wasn't me, and how did he know?" Harry asked.

"He works for the Ministry," said Ron.

"Harry you know we are not supposed to do spells outside school." Y/n said now.

"You should all talk." said Harry, staring at the floating car.

"Oh, this doesn't count," said Ron. "We're only borrowing this. It's Dad's, we didn't enchant it. But doing magic in front of those Muggles you live with..."

"I told you, I didn't...but it'll take too long to explain now, look, can you tell them at Hogwarts that the Dursleys have locked me up and won't let me come back, and obviously I can't magic myself out, because the Ministry'Il think that's the second spell I've done in two days, so..."

"Stop gibbering." said Ron. "We've come to take you home with us."

"But you can't magic me out either..." Harry said.

"We don't need to." said Ron, jerking his head toward the front seat and grinning. "You forget who I've got with me."

"Tie that around the bars." said Fred, throwing the end of a rope to Harry.

"If the Dursleys wake up, I'm dead," said Harry as he tied the rope tightly around a bar and Fred revved up the car.

"Don't worry." said Fred. "and stand back."

Harry moved back into the shadows next to Hedwig, who seemed to have realized how important this was and kept still and silent. The car revved louder and louder and suddenly, with a crunching noise, the bars were pulled clean out of the window as Fred drove straight up in the air. Harry ran back to the window to see the bars dangling a few feet above the ground. Working together Y/n and Ron hoisted them up into the car. Harry listened anxiously, but there was no sound from the Dursleys' bedroom.

"They must be heavy sleepers..." Y/n said gratefully when the bars were safely in the back seat with him and Ron, Fred reversed as close as possible to Harry's window.

"Get in." Ron said.

"But all my Hogwarts stuff, my wand, my broomstick..." Harry began to say.

"Where is it?" Y/n asked.

"Locked in the cupboard under the stairs, and I can't get out of this room..."

"No problem, Y/n you're small and quiet unlike Ron so you can give me a hand." said George from the front passenger seat. "Out of the way, Harry."

George climbed catlike through the window into Harry's room, He then helped Y/n who had switched places with Ron in the car into the room before he took an ordinary hairpin from his pocket and started to pick the lock.

"A lot of wizards think it's a waste of time, knowing this sort of Muggle trick." started George. "But Fred and I feel they're skills worth learning, even if they are a bit slow."