30. The Leaky Cauldron

And So we begin year 3, one of my favourite years as it introduces one of my favourite characters which will be become obvious as the story progresses. But without further ado let us begin!   

Summer had been uneventful this year in the Grindelwald home. The only change was that Y/n no longer tried to make conversation with Atticus like in the past and both boys ignored one another. Barring some snide remarks made by Atticus that Y/n choose to ignore.

Y/n instead chose to spend his summer studying. Both Ron and Hermione were out of the country and visiting Harry with his relatives was not an option. Weeks went by until Y/n learned that Ron and his family as well as Hermione would be spending the last few days of the holidays at the Leaky cauldron. Y/n asked his grandmother if he could do the same and to his delight she said it would be fine as long as he stayed with the Weasleys. 

The day had finally arrived as Y/n was stood in the leaky cauldron with his grandmother.

"Now, I've given Tom the money to cover your room and food bill so do not worry about that." She told him.

"Thank you Grandmother." Y/n said gratefully.

"If you do need anymore Gringotts is not too far, but remember do not waste your galleons. Atticus has done enough of that already..." Y/n's Grandmother sighed. 

"I was actually hoping to buy some Christmas presents for my friends as well as some new books for myself." Y/n told her.

"Well...I suppose that would be alright." His grandmother smiled then looked at a clock on the bar wall. "I'm running late. Y/n I'll have to leave you here."

"I understand Grandmother." Y/n nodded. 

"Make sure you stay good. Focus on your studies. and remember...I'm very proud of you Y/n." She told him causing Y/n to feel smile. 

She waved him a goodbye as he watched her leave the bar and now he was left alone with Noctis in her basket and his trunk. 

"Let's go look for the others." Y/n said to his cat but she gave no reply. Noctis was far too comfortable in her basket to move. Y/n looked around the Leaky Cauldron as he wondered what he should do first but two familiar faces talking to one another made his decision for him.  

"Ron. Hermione." Y/n called out their names and they turned around to see him stood in hand with Noctis in her basket and his trunk by his side.

"Y/n!" Hermione called back as she and Ron made their ways over to him. 

Because of the basket in his hand Y/n had to give Hermione an awkward one handed hug as he greeted her. 

Ron settled for a simple handshake which Y/n was glad for. 

"I hope you are both well. How were France and Egypt?" Y/n asked them once they were all settled down at a table.

"Oh it was wonderful." Hermione quickly began to say. "I learned so much while I was there. Did you know the have a school there called..."

"Egypt was brilliant." Ron interrupted her and she frowned at being cut off. "Never had a holiday where all of us went to together like that. Mum couldn't believe it when Dad came home saying he had won the jackpot."

Y/n personally thought that the Weasley's probably should have used their money a little more wisely given how little the always lived on but he also supposed that they deserved a nice treat after the ordeal Ginny had gone through in what was only her first year.