Ten Years Later

"Not only do you want to be a doctor, you want to be a voice of the people as well. A poet," said Magistrate Dominick Lestrange, astonished. 

"I'll be a doctor for others and a poet for myself." replied James Damien Malfoy. As a Hogwarts student in the final months of his final year, Malfoy had had his own ambitions for his post-school career. He was determined to change his family name from being supporters of Voldemort and unfaithful husbands to becoming a family doing some good in the Wizarding World. 

He had been sorted into Slytherin, but his ambitions were to help fellow students. Intelligent and having good looks made him a target for the girls, but his heart was for Elise, his foster sister. Mary Longbottom, a granddaughter of the teacher who in his youth had killed the final Horcrux of Voldemort and thus laid the Dark Lord low and mortal, had always made advances towards him. 

"Well, I don't see why I should detain you any longer. Goodbye, James."

James left the room and then the building. The tram had just arrived. A girl in Ravenclaw cloaks left the tram first. The tram went from Hogsmeade to Hogwarts proper and vise versa. James didn't give her a second thought and boarded the vehicle.

Final year student Marianna Scorpia didn't pay a second thought to the youngest head of Slytherin House either. A kind enough soul, although all Slytherins were still viewed with suspicion. She had left the castle for the afternoon to see her mother, who resided in Hogsmeade. She passed by Aberforth's (so called because the brother of the legendary Albus Dumbledore had owned the pub) and the Severine Hotel. On the corner she saw Philip Greengrass, one year younger than her and in Hufflepuff House. She was convinced, no she knew, that he was madly in love with her. The boy was distributing leaflets to whoever would take them. 

An Auror passed by. 

"I'll have to take these, sir." he announced, grimly.

"But I have permission from the Magistrates and from the Trustees," Philip protested. "I'll put you up on charges with the Ministry if you--"

"My cousin is Minister of Magic. You will give me the--"

"Excuse me sir," Marianna said. "My friend is stubborn. But I gave him these pamphlets to hand out here. I apologize."

"Consider yourself and your friend lucky. Goodbye." The Auror said, grabbing the leaflets and making off. 

As soon as he was out of earshot, Philip said:

"Why did you call me your friend?"

"What else should I have called you?" Marianna asked.

"Boyfriend, romantic amici." Philip replied.

"We're not that close, Philip," Marianna chided. "I know you like me. I don't really see you that way. Not yet anyways."

Philip blushed.

"What was in those leaflets anyways?" she asked

"Global cooperation amongst peoples." Philip replied, matter of factly.

"You're a New Wave supporter?" Marianna gasped.

"Of course not. I want our world to be hidden as much as the House Heads. We can just do more to prevent conflicts between wizards." Philip explained. 

"Be careful, Philip. The Aurors are coming in force."

"They won't be able to stop a revolution." the boy said, beaming with pride.