A Dreadful Evening

The next week, a train carrying VIPs from London arrived, among them, Harry Potter, the recently remarried Ron Weasley (whose wife had been murdered nine years earlier), and a number of other important Ministry officials and veterans of the Second War. Draco Malfoy was supposed to be on the train but he had caught the pox and didn't want to endanger the students or indeed anybody else. But James Damien Malfoy didn't care about any of that. He only wanted to see Elise, who was also on the train. 

"James!" she cried from the window.

"Elise!" James replied in kind. 

As the train slowed, he ran to the nearest door. He embraced Elise. They had intended to marry for some time. In January they would, after James finished his studies to become a Doctor. In Hogsmeade, Dominick Ivarsson Lestrange glared with contempt at Marianna and Philip. 

"You seriously expect your mother and myself to endorse this boy as a worthy partner?!"he said.

"Doesn't matter what you think. I intend to be her boyfriend. It's none of your fucking business who she dates. You're not her father." Philip spat back, rage and hate in his voice. 

"Really. Mr. Brotherhood and Freedom? The stupid boy who nearly got killed is a position to tell a member of the Ministry of Magic what to do? Marianna, let me speak to this stupid kid." 

"Marianna." Philip, said abruptly. "Don't go."

Marianna thought for a moment, then left. 

That evening, at her dormitory, she found no-one there. Entering her room, she came face to face with Dominick Lestrange. 

"You will not date that stupid boy nor marry him. If you do, you are nothing more than what your mother is: a lustful little slut." he snarled.

"Mother isn't a--" the horrible realization hit Marianna that Lestrange wasn't just a friend to her mother. 

"And now," Lestrange said "I shall take a little bit of you for myself!" 

Before Marianna knew what was happening, she had been silenced. As he tore apart her dress, her screams were silent. While she fought back, there was nothing she more she could do. No-one could hear her.