Surgery of Body and of Mind

"You'll keep your discretion?"

"That you raped a student?!" James exclaimed. "I have no choice but to inform Scamander."

"And I'd simply be transferred to a desk job in London. Nothing more would happen to me." Dominick Lestrange retorted.

"We're not living in the century of horrors any longer, Lestrange. Azkaban's full of criminals, few of whom are dark wizards."

"Do what you feel like doing."

"And what happens to a girl like that when a scumbag like you is finished with her."

"Interested? I'll give her to you. A wedding gift. Or your brother, Jonathan."

"Jonathan? He's an 8th year." James said.

"Yes. But at Durmstrang. Your father didn't want any scandal. The boy's New Wave."

"Can I meet him?"

"Of course....." Dominick Ivarsson Lestrange's voice trailed off. "I don't like New Wave, but I can respect them on one count."

"Oh?" James asked, curious. 

"They're right. The old ways are constraining both us and the Muggles. And that idea is gaining popularity all over the Wizarding World. New Wave could win."

At the same time, Philip was comforting a crying Marianna in the Astronomy Tower. He now knew what happened. He didn't want to marry her if she didn't feel up to it. He didn't want to abuse the situation, already emotionally difficult.