The Neighbor Next Door

*This story is between Erik and Duchess, his next door neighbor.*

Duchess POV

A new city, a new home and all with my new husband. I had recently gotten married to a MIT graduate. I had gone to the campus one day to do a tour, in case I wanted to go there. I didn't but my parents still wanted me to tour anyway. My tour guide was a very handsome freshman by the name Marquise. I may not have attended the school but I tended to him frequently. We started dating in March of his sophomore year, which happened to be my freshman year at Harvard.

He and I spent just about everyday together, we were each other's support system. Then we got married in a nice winter wedding, shortly after tying the knot we decided that Chicago would be the best place to go and start our life as Mr. and Mrs. Allen. When we moved into the apartment complex we were just looking for a little starter place. Somewhere we could save and build our funds for somewhere bigger. Marquise worked everyday for a big technology company in Chicago and was sometimes barely home.

I worked as a personal stylist and event planner, not exactly what I wanted to do with my life but I still very much enjoyed it. After the first few months we lived there, I noticed that we had a new neighbor move in across the hall. I had only ever seen him once and I didn't really get a good look then. All I could see was that he had beautiful brown skin, dreads and a mega watt smile. Overall he was a pretty quiet neighbor, except when he had women over.

The sounds and language that would come out of that place was the type of things that made you fantasize about what was actually happening. Whatever he was doing he was damn good at it. Also around the time the neighbor moved in Marquise started working more and more. He was making us so much money and I was storing it away that I just kind of blocked out the fact he was gone so much.

One day I needed to go to the grocery store, but before then I had to grab the mail. I made my way down the steps to the mailboxes and used my key to get ours out. As I walked back up the stairs looking through the mail I noticed one addressed to Erik Stevens. I looked at the apartment number and saw that they had put down the wrong apartment number I was 2B and Erik was 2D the apartment right across the hall. I went back and knocked on his door, rocking on my heels waiting on him to answer. Finally he did and when he did I lost all train of thought, his muscular body glistening with water. A towel around his waist and his dreads hanging down in front of his face.

"Can I help you?" He asked, snapping me out of my thought. I held up the mail and smiled a bit.

"Um your mail was put in my box by mistake, here you go Erik." I said and handed him the mail but, not before I caught him eyeing me. He was a very handsome man but I was married and then last thing I needed was to be hit on by my neighbor.

"Oh wait you're Marquise's wife aren't you?" He asked with a smirk playing on his lips and I nodded my head in response.

"I went to MIT with him. Your name is Duchess isn't it." I nodded my head again, how had I not seen him before. Did he look different in college or was I just too blinded by love to notice anyone else but him?

"I am yes, I'm Duchess Allen. Nice to meet you." I said and stuck my hand out for him to shake it. Only for him to grab it and kiss it gently before smiling and showing off the grillz he had acquired on his lower canine teeth. Something about that sent chills over my body. I think he noticed because he smirked and licked his lips. I quickly pulled my hand away and cleared my throat.

"Nice meeting you." I said again before heading back across the hall. As I closed the door I glimpsed back over at him, only to see him smirking at me. I quickly closed the door and rubbed my face, maybe I was just overreacting and imagining things. I had completely forgot that I needed to get groceries.

As the days went on I didn't see much of Erik or Marquise for that matter. Marquise was working all hours of the night and making more money since he got a raise. I was sitting in the living room one night in my pajamas when there was a knock on the door.  I sat down my wine glass and slipped on my robe, when I opened the door. There stood Erik, he had an irritated look on his face.

"Hey mind if I come in? My air stopped working and it's hot as fuck in my apartment." He said and looked at me with a now pleading look.

"Yeah sure come in." I said and stepped to the side as he walked in. He then leaned on the kitchen island and looked around the place.

"Nice please you got here." He said and I thanked him before looking around.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I asked and he nodded. So I made my way over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass for him. I then went to the fridge and bent down to grab the pitcher of purified water. I could feel his eyes staring at me. I stood up and poured the drink before turning and handing it to him.

"Here you go." I said and handed him the glass, this time when his hand touched mine. I felt sparks. This was not good. I was married and I loved Marquise. No man, no matter how sexy they looked could pull me away from my husband.

That night Erik and I sat in the living room and talked, getting to know each other and laughing. The tv going in the background and the wine bottle now empty. I was tipsy and I believe he was too. I had found out so much about him and realized we had things in common. It was refreshing to find a friend.

"You can stay in the guest room tonight. Goodnight Erik." I said and stood up getting ready to head to my room. Before I could even turn away from him, he quickly took my hand and pulled me back down. I tried to protest but he placed me on his lap, straddling his waist.

"Marquise doesn't deserve someone as special as you Duchess." He said and placed a hand on the back of my neck. He pulled me into a kiss and my mind became cloudy. His lips were so soft and supple that I craved more every time it felt like he was about to pull away. Soon his lips traveled to my neck and he instantly found my sweet spot, electing a moan from my lips.

"Erik...no please. I'm married." I whispered, not really trusting my own words. His lips didn't stop though nor did his hands. He snaked them around my waist before he squeezed my ass. Making my hips rock against him. I heard him groan a bit and I had to stop. This was so wrong. I quickly pulled away and shook my head. Trying to catch my breath from the incident. He was an extreme turn on and my lower half was crying for him.

"You know I can treat your body better than he can. Look at you, squirming with desire. You want me Dutch and I want you." He said and placed his hand on my throat kissing me again. My knees went weak as I kissed him back. Again I realized how wrong this was and pulled away once more.

"Erik you need to leave." I said looking at him with a serious face, however my eyes were giving me away. They were begging for him to stay and show me what he meant. I stepped back and walked towards the door opening it.

"You need to leave." I said and he chuckled, shaking his head. He shrugged and walked out of the door but not before he grabbed my ass and then smacked it.

"You will be screaming my name one day. You better believe that, but tonight I'll just let you dream about all the things I'm going to do to you." He said and then walked back across the hall to his place. When he opened his door you could hear the air condition running. What that a ploy to come over to my home? For him to lie and say that his air stopped working?

Erik winked at me and closed his door. I rolled my eyes and soon did the same, sliding down the door with my head in my hands. He was right, I did want to find out what he meant. I wanted to have his name roll off my tongue, I wanted him. I had to be faithful to my husband because he didn't deserve to be cheated on. He had given me so much. After I went to bed all I could do was dream about Erik.

His body towering over mine as his lips connected once again to my neck. He was doing things to me that I never knew I would like. I moaned his name many time in my dream, only to wake up alone in bed another morning. I sighed and curled up in a ball. I couldn't be with my next door neighbor. I had to be strong. I was married after all.